Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s today’s eggs, back to my hard-scramblin’ self:

When I served those earlier eggs to MrsT, this was her reaction:

Today I made scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon in warm flour tortillas. I would call it a breakfast taco/burrito but I didn't add any hot sauce, salsa, or anything remotely Mexican to them. One thing I have been doing lately that makes them especially awesome is adding a dollop of sour cream and a few tablespoons of heavy cream to the bowl (4 eggs) before scrambling (and salt and pepper of course), then melting the cheese (American and cheddar) into the eggs while they were cooking (in butter). The eggs were super light, fluffy, and delicious. No pics, devoured too quickly. I ate one, hubby had two.

Today I made scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon in warm flour tortillas. I would call it a breakfast taco/burrito but I didn't add any hot sauce, salsa, or anything remotely Mexican to them. One thing I have been doing lately that makes them especially awesome is adding a dollop of sour cream and a few tablespoons of heavy cream to the bowl (4 eggs) before scrambling (and salt and pepper of course), then melting the cheese (American and cheddar) into the eggs while they were cooking (in butter). The eggs were super light, fluffy, and delicious. No pics, devoured too quickly. I ate one, hubby had two.

I always cook my cheeses in the cooking scrambled eggs, also cooked in butter.

CD

Hey, something that’s not pancakes/waffles, eggs, or my usual oatmeal/cream of wheat:

Overnight steel-cut oats, done in the slow cooker, with strawberries (both fresh and freeze-dried) and dates, and made with almond milk (a lot of firsts for me this week - avocados and now almond milk :eek:).

and now almond milk :eek:

Its brilliant. I've been using it for years. Don't buy the sweetened one. Almond 'milk' is really low in calories but tastes quite 'creamy'. On or in breakfast cereal you won't really notice a difference from cow's milk. It can also be used to save loads of calories in cheese sauce (or other milk based sauces). I sometimes use it in salad dressings. I add it to soups in place of milk or cream too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom