Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used about a third of a large deli pickle and 4-5 Tbsp of juice. I put the juice in after the onion and bell pepper had cooked a bit so the water in it would have time to evaporate and not interfere with browning after I added the potatoes. Oh, I had 2-1/2 to 3 cups of potatoes. Added the pickles when I stirred in the CB.

Thanks for the sauerkraut ball explanation. I'll tell Craig about them and see if his grandmother ever made them.
I always add the meat at the end also, and I too start with the onion and bell pepper first. Gotta have crispy potatoes or he gets grumpy, LOL.

Is Craig's family from Ohio?

I always add the meat at the end also, and I too start with the onion and bell pepper first. Gotta have crispy potatoes or he gets grumpy, LOL.

Is Craig's family from Ohio?

No, Maryland, but his grandparents were German immigrants. I just figured it migh be a German thing. He said no BTW.

No, Maryland, but his grandparents were German immigrants. I just figured it migh be a German thing. He said no BTW.
Yeah, it's an Ohio thing. But he would probably like them, most people who like sauerkraut are fond of them.

I love Carly Simon.

I probably saw quite a few Bond movies, all on TV of course as I was too young (and not interested) when they came to the theaters. I have a brother who is 3 years older than I am and he got to dictate what we watched on the television when no one else was home.
I've seen Dr. No about 10 times. I like that one because it's very sci-fi and I love the '60's style - big computer towers with giant buttons, analog readouts, and jittery reel-to-reel tapes.

I've seen Dr. No about 10 times. I like that one because it's very sci-fi and I love the '60's style - big computer towers with giant buttons, analog readouts, and jittery reel-to-reel tapes.
No wonder you loved the Bionic Woman. It wasn't all because of Lindsay Waggoner's good looks, was it? She and Steve Austin from the Six Million Dollar Man, they had those cheesy scenes of huge computer rooms, LOL.

Nobody Does It Better.

I haven't seen that one, but I know (and like) that song.

That was The Spy Who Loved Me, not one of the better Bond movies. I took my girlfriend to it in High School. She liked it better than I did. I do have some fond memories of that date -- submarine races down by the Neches river were good that night. :wink:

CD

Nothing spectacular by any means, but it's one of my favorite cold-weather breakfasts, Grape-Nuts cereal (which contains neither grapes or nuts, AFAIK), with milk poured over, then heated in the microwave for 30 seconds. Little golden raisins to garnish:

I went crazy with bacon grease from thick sliced bacon this morning ...

full.jpg

This breakfast included 3 sunny side up eggs, 4 strips of thick cut bacon and a large helping of spätzle.

Oregano and black mustard seed spiced things up.

Nothing spectacular by any means, but it's one of my favorite cold-weather breakfasts, Grape-Nuts cereal (which contains neither grapes or nuts, AFAIK), with milk poured over, then heated in the microwave for 30 seconds. Little golden raisins to garnish:

View attachment 59266

Grape-nuts are (is?) one of the few breakfast cereals I like. I've always used cold milk as I like the crunch.

Also - (in the UK) they contain no sugar which I also like.

Grape-nuts are (is?) one of the few breakfast cereals I like. I've always used cold milk as I like the crunch.

Also - (in the UK) they contain no sugar which I also like.
In the US we (everyone I know, anyway) use cold milk for cereal too (I honestly never thought anyone did differently), and our Grape-nuts are also sugar free (I think). I haven't bought them in awhile, I will have to look on the box next time I get them. If they have any sugar, I am sure it's minuscule by comparison to other US cereals.

I've always used cold milk as I like the crunch.

In the US we (everyone I know, anyway) use cold milk for cereal too (I honestly never thought anyone did differently)
Most cereal would be cold milk, yes, but Grape-Nuts works both ways. Warmed in the microwave (or hot, even) and it's more like a Cream Of Wheat or oatmeal dish.

If you Google "Grape-Nuts warm," you'll see a lot of recipes for it, including one from the maker, Post. :thumbsup:

Seagulls breky here, carpet layers doing the last room and fixing small problem with previous job. Should be gone in an hour or two.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom