Show us your pantry...

caseydog

Local time
12:49 AM
We've had "show us" threads for refrigerators, dining rooms, kitchens, and probably other things. So, how about show us your pantry.

My house is not big (1,620 sq/ft), but it does have a walk-in pantry, so I can keep plenty on hand to cook up a meal without a run to the store.

On the main wall, I keep my baking stuff and oils/shortenings on the top shelf, along with a variety of salts. Seasoning blends/rubs (store bought and homemade), dried chilis, and sauces/vinegars are on the second shelf. Third shelf is canned goods. Forth is pastas, rices, bread crumbs and nuts. The bottom shelf is dog treats and medicines.

There is another set of shelves on the wall to the right, but that is all non-food stuff, like plastic bags, foil, parchment paper, paper plates, mason jars and that kind of stuff.

Pantry001.jpg

On the left wall, are all my dried herbs and spices.

Pantry002.jpg

Show us what you got!

CD

Somehow I missed this topic. Probably when I wasn't here very often.

BUT.. I do have a pantry. Plus I do have some pantry cabinets. Today I'll show the actual pantry, then later this week I hope the two cabinets. The photos are a panning set of shots from left to right/

pantry southwest-cb.jpg

Top shelf - Gluten-containing flours and grains.
Second shelf - Gluten-free flours and grains, moving on over to gelatins.
Main shelf - Coffees, various canned goods (tomato-based and others). In the bag is an Asian steaming set.
Lower shelf - foils, wraps, paper towels, quiche pans, fondue plates, extra coffee cups, and the like.
Floor (you really can't see) - Dehhydrator, crockpot, trash bags.

pantry west-cb.jpg

Top Shelf - the extra gluten-containing flours/grains. Hot sauces, condiments, especially Asian. Fancy vinegars. The start of the legumes.
Second shelf - A bit of a hodge podge, plus "pseudo-grains" such as tapioca, arrowroot and quinoa.
Main shelf - salad dressings, avocado oil, a few other condiments. KitchenAid.
Bottom shelf: KitchenAid attachments.
Floor: Cleaning supplies.

pantry northwest-cb.jpg

Top shelf: Various forms of dry legumes.
Second shelf: More things like quinoa or amaranth.
Third shelf - Overflow pseudo grains and things like potato flour, corn masa, etc.
To the right: Stand alone upright freezer. Contains many meats and veggies. There is a shelf over the top of the freezer, plus I utilize the actual space up there - for many empty egg cartons that I've been gifted, plus all the maple sugaring supplies other than the buckets. There's also a fish steamer up there.

I LOVE my pantry!

I love your pantry too. That seems a lot of gelatin. What do you use it for?
I use it mostly to thicken soups if I don't have bone broth ready. Or, thawed. Actually, that was more than I meant to buy - I would have been happy with one cannister - but when I ordered they had a sale for what I did get, for little more than just one. Probably won't need to purchase any more for a long time!!!

it does have a walk-in pantry,
Splendid! And wonderfully lit too. Feels very sunny, as probably is😎
All pantries look lovely, very homelike radiance...👍
Mine is not a pantry, it is 2 cupboards, additional two smaller cupboards that I bought in addition, and two open shelves for stuff that will be used quickly.

Like Lissa's, my flat is 39 m2. In theory, one could do two more cupboards, but I really don't need that much...

😊

Last edited:
My pantry
wp-1650427930026.jpg
In the boxes on top, I've got about 20kg of dry Flatbread. It's for the bad times, as it's very sturdy and full of carb
here's my sweets shelf, with chocolate and other sweets.
wp-1650427928835.jpg
on the left side you can see round about 7kg of self made jam (Quince, bananas/orange). In the middle some canned fruits, on the right different kind of sauces.
wp-1650427929189.jpg
left side good quality oil, middle preserved eggs, on the right jarred carrots.
wp-1650427929274.jpg
left side: meats and some fish
Middle: vinegar for preserving
right: jarred roasted almond crumble
wp-1650427929082.jpg
lots of cans, whole dishes or beans, some sauce packages and passovercrackers
wp-1650427928931.jpg
a big shelf of jarred veggies
wp-1650427929373.jpg
mix of beans, grains and products of grains like noodles or oats
wp-1650427929701.jpg
most spices, I've got some more like cinnamon, pepper and cucuma. In another cupboard I've got about 3kg of dried herbs.
wp-1650427929596.jpg
another big shelf with infants milk. It was for free and it's drinkable for grownups as well.
wp-1650427929782.jpg

Showing off my new pantry 🤩 Which isn't even a pantry, it's just an Ikea cabinet that I placed in the corridor between the kitchen and the bathroom :laugh:
My pantry space used to be just a shelf on one of the kitchen cabinets. It was messy, made it impossible to find anything and I struggled to see the stuff on the back because the shelves were too deep. I like this solution a lot better, looks more organized and I have more space.
1655884526872.png

1655884551669.png

1655884559601.png

Back
Top Bottom