Shrove Tuesday

As buckwheat pancakes were mentioned, I thought I'd throw out my buckwheat pancake recipe. I like them a lot with blueberries.

They have no other flour but buckwheat in them.

Buckwheat Pancakes

buckwheat-pancakes.jpg

PS, since I don't feel any draw towards Pancake Tuesday (I mean, the first I heard of it being a thing was this thread), I had an omelet for breakfast.

I would love to have a Fat Tuesday / Mardi Gras dinner, however. But this year it won't happen. I did make something Creole style the past two years...

2019: Roasted Pork Belly Creole Casserole. With Creole Seasoning.
2018: Mardi Gras Creole: Mussels, Andouille, Okra, Rice.
and, back in 2016: Fat Tuesday: Cajun Blackened Grouper.

Well, I went out and had some REALLY good red beans and rice at a place in town that I have driven by, but never tried. Perfect flavor. Not sure about what the sausage was, but it was good.

Sorry, I did not take a picture. I didn't think about it until I had plowed through half the plate of food. :scratchhead:

My friend had jambalaya, and said it was really good, too.

Now that I know about it, and know the food is good, it will probably go out of business. :cry:

CD

Now that I know about it, and know the food is good, it will probably go out of business. :cry:
That's always the way. There've been any number of places for us where that's happened.
Looks delicious.
Thanks! It was better than I expected, but the wife didn't like it much. She felt the sauce made the crepes too soft (like maple syrup doesn't?).

Back
Top Bottom