Recipe Simple bean recipe.

colly

Guru
Local time
6:56 PM
Ingredients:

Directions:

Rinse and soak the black-eye beans in a bowl of water overnight.

Place the beans in a pan of water and bring to a boil over a low het for about 30 minutes. Drain the beans thoroughly and set aside.

Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and fry until golden brown. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt, ground coriander and ground cumin and stir-fry the mixture for 3-5 minutes.

Add the water to the pan, cover and cook the mixture until all of the water has completely evaporated.

Add the boiled black-eye beans, green chillies and coriander leaves to the onions and stir to blend together. Stir-fry the bean mixture for 3-5 minutes.

Transfer the black-eye beans to a serving dish and sprinkle over the lemon juice. Serve hot or cold.

When I was making it I was thinking ' well this doesn't look very promising' but in fact it turned out to be a cracking little meal.
Just the beans on their own were enough ( I used 250g of beans) but a smaller amount of beans with some stir fried chicken or even a nice crunchy side salad would add a little more variety.

Hmm, sounds like an interesting recipe to try, particularly because it's a different (and yet simple to prepare) beans recipe.

Sometimes it's hard coming up with new cook/serving ways when it comes to beans. Or at least somewhat hard to me.

Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Back
Top Bottom