Site access issues

.......If you are unable to access CookingBites please contact me via a PM telling me what device you are on,
SNSSO
@SatNavSaysStraightOn
By "PM" is that taken to mean on this forum? How can that be done if login is not possible? No intent to be a trouble-maker, but PM always meant Private Message on my forums here in the States. impish

@SatNavSaysStraightOn … thanks for your explanation of the DNS problems. Like @impish I was also curious about how to PM you if I couldn't access Cooking Bites. I did note that Cycle Chat was unaffected by the DNS problems - do you have a presence there? could I have PM'd you via Cycle Chat ?

@SatNavSaysStraightOn
By "PM" is that taken to mean on this forum? How can that be done if login is not possible? No intent to be a trouble-maker, but PM always meant Private Message on my forums here in the States. impish
@SatNavSaysStraightOn … thanks for your explanation of the DNS problems. Like @impish I was also curious about how to PM you if I couldn't access Cooking Bites. I did note that Cycle Chat was unaffected by the DNS problems - do you have a presence there? could I have PM'd you via Cycle Chat ?

I thought I had implied that if you could not access CB on one device but could on another you could contact me for assistance. Perhaps I can make that clearer next time.

If an individual device continues to have problems you will need to clear the cache and force it to get a new copy of the information. This is done differently on different devices but usually involves clearing cookies and temporary Internet files and data that keeps you logged in to sites such as this. If you are unable to access CookingBites please contact me via a PM telling me what device you are on, what platform (android , IOS or Windows version) and what Web browser you are using (MS Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc) and I'll let you know what you need to do to get back up and running. However usually forcing multiple refreshes or clearing the cache are your options.

For a general login problem, contacting help can be done via the contact us option at the bottom of every page of CB, otherwise there is the very underused FB page where you can also contact me. Ordinarily planned outages would be notified in advance but it wasn't possible with this one (unexpected and unforeseen and definitely unplanned) and I dealt with it and rectified the issue within 20 minutes of being made aware of it. I was then able to access CB immediately which given all of the connection issues I have via satellite broadband and not based in the UK anymore surprised me, so I naturally assumed people with better internet connections than mine would also be able to get online within an acceptable time period.

I did note that Cycle Chat was unaffected by the DNS problems - do you have a presence there? could I have PM'd you via Cycle Chat ?
CycleChat was unaffected because it has a different DNS entry to CB. And yes, I do have a very long presence on CC, going back many years and have only recently stepped down as a moderator there. I go by the same username with the same avatar as here, so yes any search on my username would have found me to contact me.

You just have to remember that combined with satellite access to the internet, I also live in Australia which is currently 11 hours ahead of GMT, so there is a perceived delay in me reading about such issues.

Sorry, but to be honest I am glad others had issues, I was starting to worry my tablet was in need of replacing, saved a bob or two there :okay:

My access issues started on Sunday. But now seems fine. I actually did email using the facebook email address but i am not a member of facebook so i am not sure if it went thru.

Back
Top Bottom