Slow cookers explained

Local time
12:25 PM
Website
www.helium.com
During my daily browse on the Good Food website, I came across this article reviewing slow cookers - crock pots to our American friends. There are also some handy tips on getting the best out of your slow cooker, so I thought it was worth sharing here.

Do you use a slow cooker? I found it invaluable when my daughter was in hospital earlier in the year, and I was out all day and every day for a couple of months. It's also handy here in Spain, when the weather's hot and you want something cooked because you're fed up of salads and barbecues, but you can't stand the heat of the hob or the oven.

Incidentally, I tend to use them when I do have a lot of time to spare - rather than when I am short on time, lol. Namely, on a Saturday afternoon, if I want to head out and run some errands while dinner is cooking, and not be forced to wait around at my place for a couple hours for it to roast in an oven, the slow cooker buys me more time. If I get stuck in traffic or something or have to make a few extra stops, the extra cooking time isn't going to be a problem.

Thank you for sharing that article! It was very interesting! I absolutely love to use my slow cooker! It is wonderful to use when I am busy or even when I am home. I use it at least twice a week to make meals at home. I like knowing I can have dinner cooking while I'm running errands, doing laundry or at work.
I love to use it to make soups and stews. My favorite is to make homemade chili. When I am busy around the house, I set up my slow cooker. I occassionally stir it in between loads of laundry. I also like that it does not heat up the entire house!

Back
Top Bottom