Something to try!

elw474

Veteran
Local time
9:14 PM
Grill and seasoned zucchini, capsicum and eggplant. Pancetta and halloumi. Arrange the vegetables and pancetta so they are in long strips, about 2 inches wide, stacked on top of each other. Place a piece of grilled halloumi in the middle of the stack, roll up an stick a tooth pick in the middle. So simple and tasty!

This sounds like an interesting recipe. Is it from a certain nationality? It sounds like a greek recipe? What is halloumi, a type of cheese?

Sounds like part of an antipasto platter... yum!

Do you have any pictures of this? I am not sure what all of the ingredients are.

zucchini, capsicum and eggplant. Pancetta and halloumi.

Do you have any pictures of this? I am not sure what all of the ingredients are.

Zucchini are courgettes
Capsicum is either a bell pepper or chili (I would go with a red bell pepper here)
Eggplant is aubergine
Halloumi is a type of cheese (there really is no replacement for this it is quite salty and slightly rubber but tastes great)
pancetta is a type of uncooked, cured and salted Italian bacon.

Last edited:
zucchini isn't readily available in most groceries near my place. and quite expensive too, if they are. any substitute?

This sounds very good, I don't know if we have Italian bacon in my area but I do think it can be food close by.

Ooo, the pancetta probably salts the veggies perfectly. I love it. I'm a huge fan of adorable & delicious appetizers.

I love zucchini and eggplant and I do had simple easy to cook recipes for them which I always prepare in times we had no time to cook for a main dish and we are hungry already. Yes its true zucchini are quite expensive but we had always stock of this vegetables in our refrigerator and besides it does not spoil easily. Thanks for sharing and like what you said this is something to try!

Back
Top Bottom