Sommerfest!

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
4:31 AM
Very happy to report that today we attended our first local German fest in well over a year.

This was a Sommerfest, scaled down a bit to control attendance, but very much fun. We caught up with old friends, drank some good German beer, danced a polka or three, and otherwise just celebrated life:

Limited menu this year:

But still their signature spit-roasted chicken:

Biergarten next to the pavilion:

Pretzel from local German bakery:

Getting a beer:

Four bucks for a brat and kraut on a bun is a good deal. What did a beer set you back?

Cd

They made the news here the other night. Cicadas.

Russ

Yeah, one landed on President Biden's neck the other day. Q-Anon said it was a sign. 17 year cicadas come out every 17 years, and Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet. Therefore, Biden is part of the "deep state" satan worshipping pedophiles. :facepalm:

To normal people, an insect landed on the President of the United States. Big, fat, hairy deal. :rolleyes:

CD

Yeah, one landed on President Biden's neck the other day. Q-Anon said it was a sign. 17 year cicadas come out every 17 years, and Q is the 17th letter in the alphabet. Therefore, Biden is part of the "deep state" satan worshipping pedophiles. :facepalm:

To normal people, an insect landed on the President of the United States. Big, fat, hairy deal. :rolleyes:

CD

Yeah they explained the life cycle. I never knew that.

Russ

Four bucks for a brat and kraut on a bun is a good deal. What did a beer set you back?

Cd
A liter of the imported stuff, $12...but they know me, so I paid $8. :wink:

I repaid the favor by sticking the other $4 in the tip jar. Still came out ahead, and when I went back to get a 1/2-liter for MrsT...no charge.

curious that the Schwabians are so heavy on Bayern beers.....decor.....
We have nearly a dozen German heritage societies here and we all sort of share a bit back and forth, so there's some cross-pollination going on, for sure.

The funny thing is, I'll bet if you drew a Venn diagram with a circle for each group's membership, they'd be nearly laid one upon the other as we nearly all belong to nearly all the different societies. :laugh:

A liter of the imported stuff, $12...but they know me, so I paid $8. :wink:

I repaid the favor by sticking the other $4 in the tip jar. Still came out ahead, and when I went back to get a 1/2-liter for MrsT...no charge.

Good price! I think a 16oz Budweiser at Cowboys game is 15 bucks.

I have also found that being a generous tipper is somewhat an "investment."

It feels so weird when I go to some countries where tipping is not expected.

CD

Back
Top Bottom