Soup and a sandwich

Rachele

Veteran
Local time
5:43 PM
Yes, I know this is the 'good food' forum and yes, I love to cook, but occasionally I like to kick back with a cheese and pickled onion sandwich and a container of good soup from the supermarket. I had that today for my lunch and it was delicious. I don't feel guilty in the slightest for these little 'fast food' interludes, and I'm sure I can't be the only one. So what's your (not so) guilty meal cheat if you can't be bothered to cook from scratch?

It's definitely forgivable, as cooking is a very labor intensive activity even though it might not look like it to some, so there are bound to be lazy days. I myself usually purchase grocery roasted chicken if I'm feeling lazy. It's cheap and easy to bring home. Not to mention, it's very versatile when it comes to leftovers as I can make the remaining meat into a sandwich or as a topping on salads.

Just about anything, hah! I need to get back into cooking more fresh, healthy meals. However, I've not been feeling/sleeping well and cooking is exhausting.

To honestly answer this question, though, It's got to be Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. There is just something about that powdered cheese! I have been eating Campbell's Mushroom Soup and grilled cheese (with a slice of processed cheese and low-fat Jarlsberg). lately though. It's comforting even though it's 30C outside.

I've got the urge to make some homemade mushroom soup now!

I prefer to enjoy a great meal if I am not the one cooking! Some of my favorites would be picking up a 'vegetable plate' from the local supermarket deli, carry out from Cracker Barrel or Olive Garden both work too!

If I am exhausted then I have no problem reaching for a can of my favorite soup having a cheese melt or peanut butter sandwich. When I make soup I generally freeze a lot of it but I end up running out. When that happens then its bring on the can!

Back
Top Bottom