Ingredients
Filling:
2 TBsp AP flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples (about 4-5 medium apples)

Topping:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup AP flour
1/4 cup butter, softened

1 pie dough, homemade or store-bought, unbaked

Directions:
Heat oven to 375F and place pie dough in an ungreased 8 or 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.

Filling:
Combine flour, sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and sour cream; mix well. Fold in apples. Spoon into pie pan.

Topping:
Combine brown sugar and flour in a bowl, then cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie.

Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.

I don't know where I got this recipe from. It's on a hand-written card (my hand-writing) and is at least 25 years old.

Finished off mjd-lovescooking's apple butter recipe last night. I'm really pleased with this, the taste is fantastic and will probably improve further with time. I may make another batch as these jars are destined for Christmas hampers.

I had to look up "Christmas hamper" online. In the US, a hamper is something, sometimes a basket, that you toss your dirty clothes into. When the hamper is full, you do laundry.

CD

I had to look up "Christmas hamper" online. In the US, a hamper is something, sometimes a basket, that you toss your dirty clothes into. When the hamper is full, you do laundry.

CD
Ahem...I'll point you to this photo and caption:

Packing The Hamper

It's funny, because we're expecting Christmas to be a bit grim this year, and MrsT just told me tonight that we're treating ourselves to a Christmas hamper from either Harrod's or Fortnum & Mason's.

To keep with the vernacular, I'm dead chuffed! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom