SpaceX manned launch streaming link

Yeah especially those Buck Rogers rockets that return to the launchpad.
Buster Crabb stuff.

One of the announcers has a Werner Von Hofbrau accent. Adds to the authenticity.
I will never get over how they get the first stage back on a small barge in the middle of the Atlantic.

I have a few problems with Elon Musk as a person, but what he is achieving with SpaceX is amazing, it just shows NASA, ESA and the Russians up as lumbering beaurocracies where decisions and advances become bogged down in committees and politics.

If you want Buck Rogers, then what is going on at Boca Chica is pure 50s sci-fi.

View: https://youtu.be/Ky5l9ZxsG9M

Did I hear correctly? The announcer said - had they launched yesterday it would have been 8 hours to reach Space Station, today it is 27 hours?

Did I hear correctly? The announcer said - had they launched yesterday it would have been 8 hours to reach Space Station, today it is 27 hours?
I didn't hear that, but you could be right, the ISS has an ever changing orbit and basically wherever the crew take off from they have to wait for it to pass over then go chase it. If it's not on an optimum pass they may have to chase for several orbits to get there. I know the last Soyuz got there in three hours but that was because everything synchronised perfectly.

I will never get over how they get the first stage back on a small barge in the middle of the Atlantic.

I have a few problems with Elon Musk as a person, but what he is achieving with SpaceX is amazing, it just shows NASA, ESA and the Russians up as lumbering beaurocracies where decisions and advances become bogged down in committees and politics.

If you want Buck Rogers, then what is going on at Boca Chica is pure 50s sci-fi.

I thought you meant Boca Chica in the Florida Keys, next key up from Key West. I lived in Key West and attended a Schools Command on Boca Chica, many years ago.

Musk promising to solar power Half the USA didn’t happen yet but I hope it one day does. It’s a long ways off.
Trouble is politicians are buying into his over ambitious timeframe and issuing decrees based on it.

If you have access to National Geographic Magazines past issues (several different media’s)
look up their extensive story on a manned trip to Mars.

Everything planet position wise has to line up spot on to make it there and back accurately and within tight timeframes.

It was written in 30 years ago technology but it’s a good reference on what has to be where and when with little margin for error.

From what I have read, Steve Jobs was a real a$$ as a person, but look what he accomplished. Maybe that's the downside of genius.

CD

I thought you meant Boca Chica in the Florida Keys, next key up from Key West. I lived in Key West and attended a Schools Command on Boca Chica, many years ago.
When I first went looking for it on Google maps I was confused because that part of Florida just didn't look right, then I found out it was the one in Texas.

When I first went looking for it on Google maps I was confused because that part of Florida just didn't look right, then I found out it was the one in Texas.

Wow, I never knew SpaceX had a control center in Texas. Boca Chica is on the Texas Mexico border. It is in a very remote area. I would have expected SpaceX to locate South of Houston, where NASA Mission Control is.

CD

Last edited:
Wow, I never knew SpaceX had a control center in Texas. Boca Chica is on the Texas Mexico border. It is in a very remote area. I would have expected SpaceX to locate South of Houston, Where NASA Mission Control is.

CD
Boca Chica is all about R+D, so I guess they want somewhere remote where they can blow things up without getting in anybody's way, also of course if Elon wants his own spaceport in time then he would want to be away from the expensive real estate in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom