Spice mixes

I only make garam masala per se. However, I grind chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, paprika and salt for a curry powder (only sufficient for the curry that I am making).

This is a great thread. I do make spice rubs and Chinese Five Spice, but I know I could be making more. I'm sure I have all the ingredients I need (I have a ridiculous number of various spices and such). When my current jars of store-bought garam masala, dukkah, and such are gone, I will make my own. :chef:

This is a great thread. I do make spice rubs and Chinese Five Spice, but I know I could be making more. I'm sure I have all the ingredients I need (I have a ridiculous number of various spices and such). When my current jars of store-bought garam masala, dukkah, and such are gone, I will make my own. :chef:

You will love making your own Garam masala, the smells of the seeds dry roasting are unbelievable.

Russ

You will love making your own Garam masala, the smells of the seeds dry roasting are unbelievable.

Russ
I've got to make some more soon - I used up my little supply. I've also got to make some more of my Victorian curry powder before long too - I used most of what I have left in Wednesday night's dinner. It will be absolute heaven in my kitchen.

@The Late Night Gourmet You will never buy them from a store again. The only one I haven't got round to is the Chinese 5-spice seasoning. I'm looking forward to that

I've got to make some more soon - I used up my little supply. I've also got to make some more of my Victorian curry powder before long too - I used most of what I have left in Wednesday night's dinner. It will be absolute heaven in my kitchen.

@The Late Night Gourmet You will never buy them from a store again. The only one I haven't got round to is the Chinese 5-spice seasoning. I'm looking forward to that

I too need to make some. I make a double batch and halve it. One half I add the red powder so it's ready to make tandoori.

Russ

I use Madhur Jaffrey's recipe for garam masala.

garammasala.jpg

Nutmeg, black cardamom seeds, black cumin seeds, peppercorns, cinnamon and cloves.

Back
Top Bottom