Recipe Spicy green beans

Local time
6:12 PM
Website
www.helium.com
Yesterday, I was making tandoori chicken for dinner, and I had some cooked wild rice left over from Thursday's curry. However, I wanted something with a sauce as a side dish, as both the chicken and the rice were dry. I had some green beans in the fridge, so I decided to spice them up to accompany the chicken and rice. Here's what I did:

• First, I trimmed and sliced the beans, and cooked them for 5 minutes in slightly salted boiling water.
  • Next, I chopped and onion and a small clove of garlic, and softened them in a little sunflower oil.
  • Then I added a dessertspoon of medium curry paste, a little turmeric, half a teaspoon of minced ginger and a sprinkling of cumin.
  • I cooked that together for a few minutes, then added around half a cup of chopped tomatoes. You could also use passata for this.
  • Then I stirred in the beans, and heated it through before serving. It was delicious, and a perfect accompaniment for the chicken and rice.
I think this would work well with other firm vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. In fact, if you used a mix of vegetables, you could just serve it with rice as a quick vegetable curry. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom