Recipe Spinach bechamel sauce

cefmac

Veteran
Local time
7:49 AM
Yesterday I made myself a spinach bechamel sauce for my pasta, and it was absolutely delicious. It was so creamy, and best of all, pretty healthy! I didn't measure the quantities as I knew they would be so small (I only made one portion) that there wasn't really much point, but I can kind of remember how much I put int.

Melt a knob of butter in a pan over a low heat, then add a teaspoon of crushed garlic and lightly fry. Then add an amount of plain flour equal to the butter, and mix together until it sticks together in a ball (this is the roux which forms the base of the sauce). Slowly add milk, stirring between each addition. Stop adding when it's a fiarly thin liquid. It's a good idea to beat it with a whisk at this stage to get rid of any lumps of flour. Then add salt, black pepper and mixed herbs. Keep stirring it for about five minutes until it thickens up, then add two or three generous handfuls of spinach and mix in. Leave to cook over a low heat for another couple of minutes, then serve with pasta.

So tasty!

Back
Top Bottom