St. Patrick's Day

glittergirl24

Veteran
Local time
2:34 AM
Being that tomorrow is St. Paddy's Day, is anyone making any specific meal? I love corned beef, but was wondering if anyone made any other meals for the holiday? I usually boil the corned beef, and then stick it in the oven for a bit, and serve it with mashed potatoes. I am not a fan of cabbage. Does anyone use anything to substitute? Would love to hear what everyone is doing :chef:

Here in the UK, St Patrick's Day is usually celebrated in the pub. It's funny really, we never celebrate St. George's Day but go crazy for the patron saint of another country. It's a good excuse to make a steak and Guinness pie though, perhaps with some cabbage and mash on the side.

Beef in guiness with champ
And a shot of jamesons whiskey
Or a good old Irish stew with potatoes and drink the Guinness

Well looks like I have something now to use my Jameson's whiskey for. It has been sitting in the cupboard since Thanksgiving and I was not sure what to do with it since we are not real whiskey drinkers around here! I used to make a corned beef and cabbage with mashed potatoes, but then came to the realization that I am not much of a fan of corned beef. I am not sure if we will have anything.

Back
Top Bottom