Stainless Steel

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
5:35 PM
Is there anyone here that actually likes stainless steel for cooking with? If so, what is your secret to cooking with it and not burning things onto the pan? I have tried everything from greasing up the pan before hand, adding a lot of butter and other strategies, but things just seem to stick on the bottom of it. I have never had much luck with these pans and I'm just wondering if there's something I am doing wrong.

I do!
I own a monster 30-pc Emerilware Stainless Steel Cookware Set. It is so wonderful & works very well!! :wink:

I use stainless steel pans all the time at work , do not burn them , but I do use solid top stoves , open flames you have to be careful on sides of pan , control the heat of the stove , this a art in its self , having the heat right

Stainless steel cookware lasts a long, long, long time if it is used properly and is not abused. :wink:

Stainless steel cookware lasts a long, long, long time if it is used properly and is not abused. :wink:
I've found the base has come off one of my small work pans,
But they do get abused, and water has started to get in the handles
Solid use for 8 years isn't bad

Time to get another set! :wink:
There's a few grands worth of metal there to be replaced,we use the base less pans for poaching pots as the spaghetti baskets fit in them,they do not receive such a fierce heat but will eventually burn out ...adapt and over come
:chef:

There's a few grands worth of metal there to be replaced,we use the base less pans for poaching pots as the spaghetti baskets fit in them,they do not receive such a fierce heat but will eventually burn out ...adapt and over come
:chef:

Oh well, I tried. :wink:

I use them as well. I do actually prefer them but my husband doesn't and I can't lift them at the moment because of my bad back! We used to have a full set of them but the land went to my sister who has fallen in love with them and doesn't want to return them (we have them to her when we went off to cycle around the world so I can't really complain). Ours are +20 years old and most definitely do not show it. They are in use every day. But we were very careful with the style we purchased especially the handles which can't hold water at all luckily. Sadly both the shop we bought them from and the company who made them no longer exist otherwise I would have considered replacing them like for like. Instead I purchased a different wide but shallow pan which whilst I was looking after it was fine (2 1/2 years) but is not surviving 6 months of my husband using it!

There will be two chains of thought with buying a set ,if you buy the best you can you will probably buy one at a time buying the pans you are really going to use,or buy a set that's a bit cheaper in quality and sometimes not all the pans are quite right for you,my work pans as I say are stainless steel and the cheaper ones though good are noticeably poorer quality ,I have a range called Bourgeat and they are great but the cost represents that and the prices are plus a lid,and also depends on what your stove type is,
I still cook on le cruset at home and it's great for my solid top stove and I don't mind they heavy

Some have bought the Emerilware Stainless Steel Cookware and were totally careless with some of it!
They put one of the pans on the stove, without anything in it, call themselves preheating it by jacking the burner up several notches known to the moon & end up destroying it,
saying that the thick-clad bottom had gotten so hot that it had slid off the bottom of the pan and the pan had turned blue!!!

They would complain & blame the cookware, but in reality, IT IS THERE OWN DAMN FAULT for letting this happen!! They've recklessly abused it to the point where it just can't be used any more!! :headshake::stop:

I've always preferred stainless steel pans - there's no secret to using them really, just don't burn the ass off them! I use a non-stick frying pan but all my other pans are encapsulated base stainless steel jobs.

Back
Top Bottom