Starting off the New Year with what for breakfast?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
5:14 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
It's the New Year here in Japan - bright and early, too (it's JUST going 6am - wow!)

I had a quiet night last night and actually feel quite well rested! I'm starting my morning with a couple of gluten free blueberry waffles (I'm not on a gluten free diet, I just like the taste of these waffles!) a big glass of water and coffee.

What about you? What's your first meal of the new year?

Nice and healthy! Hope your year is starting off well!
So far so good thank you. The Irish wolf hound slept in, the fireworks didn't disturb him this year (we have been working on him with fireworks and training him to ignore them rather than howl!) so he didn't even wake us at midnight this year and it isn't currently raining, so we are about to walk him.

How is yours going so far?

I just had some chocolate chip toaster waffles...with smart balance and syrup. Happy New Year to you and everyone..My nephew is playing in the Tournament of Roses Parade one of our major televised New Year's events here. I have to make sure I see that...I will go later to visit my son, probably eat out tonight.

The first think I had to eat in the New Year wasn't so healthy. We were drinking beer so we had some bacon wrapped oysters after midnight. They were really good though. This morning for breakfast we has an omelet with salsa. It was so good.

Our favorite breakfast is fried rice with fried dried fish and tomatoes with salted eggs plus fruit juice or hot chocolate. But this new year, it is kind of different because we had lots of food as leftover from the occasion. Spaghetti and pork barbecue were the main dishes that we are still trying to consume until now that it is already January 2. Hopefully we can finish everything today so tomorrow we can have a new menu. Our stomach is full of pasta already, hahahaaah.

Happy New Year to all of you and I hope it will be blessed with plenty of good food. I started off my day with a microwave breakfast burrito because I was too tired to think up anything else to eat this morning. The fireworks were going on late into the night last night

Our favorite breakfast is fried rice with fried dried fish and tomatoes with salted eggs plus fruit juice or hot chocolate. But this new year, it is kind of different because we had lots of food as leftover from the occasion. Spaghetti and pork barbecue were the main dishes that we are still trying to consume until now that it is already January 2. Hopefully we can finish everything today so tomorrow we can have a new menu. Our stomach is full of pasta already, hahahaaah.
Sounds good but not sure my stomach could handle food like that for breakfast. It is interesting to see what others have to start their day. Good luck with finishing up the pasta. Now that the holidays are over it's time to clean up the leftovers.

Happy New Year to you all!

I baked an egg and hashbrown casserole. I just used what I had in the fridge and freezer because nothing was open to go buy it. It turned out really good. I just used hashbrowns, eggs, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sausage, green chili's and salt and pepper to taste. I baked it for about an hour and walaa! It was good!

As usual I didn't have anything at all! After sleeping in until after 11 am it was nearly lunchtime anyway! I don't normally eat lunch either... but in the evening we had Vietnamese style pork with noodles. Belly pork is cut into cubes and marinaded with ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce and chilli - slow cooked for 2 hours with whole hard boiled eggs added for the last hour. Finally chopped spring onions are stirred through and coriander sprinkled on top. The hard boiled eggs are an interesting addition and work curiously well in this dish.

Back
Top Bottom