Steak and Kidney Pudding

ScandiBrit

Local time
7:34 AM
Morning all

Two weeks off so fun cooking times! Has anyone experience of making a traditional steamed steak and kidney pudding? Looking for fun facts before using big brother (Google)

Richard

I certainly have - but don't have a recipe posted up here. I'll see if I wrote it down somewhere. Its actually quite easy if I remember rightly. Are you able to get suet?

suet is not available locally but I have it by smuggling it through the post :) !!!

Excellent! It wouldn't be a steak & kidney pudding without it. I did find my (scrawled) recipe which I photographed & will post it later for info although it lacks quantities - but basically there are two ways to go. Either you pre-cook the beef & kidney or you add it raw to the pudding. Obviously if you cook it first it will cut down on the steaming. My recipe adds the meat raw.

Here is my recipe for steak & kidney pud. As you will see there are no quantities given so at the moment I'm not posting as a new Recipe thread. But you can see how simple it is. Note this is titled 'version 1'. I have no trace of version 2 but I think it may be that it involved cooking the meat beforehand.

When I get time I'll make the simple version and add measurements.

Last edited:
Here is my recipe for steak & kidney pud. As you will see there are no quantities given so at the moment I'm not post as a new Recipe thread. But you can see how simple it is. Note this is titled 'version 1'. I have no trace of version 2 but I think it may be that it involved cooking the meat beforehand.

When I get time I'll make the simple version and add measurements.

View attachment 35924
You have lovely handwriting!

Back
Top Bottom