Recipe Sticky Toffee Pudding, With A Twist!

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
7:25 PM
Sticky Toffee Pudding, With A Twist.jpg

“A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

Ingredients
For the slices:

5oz pitted dates
4oz dried apricots, chopped
5fl.oz Guinness
4fl.oz water
2.5fl.oz whiskey
1tbsp bread soda (bicarbonate of soda)
6oz Demerara sugar
3oz butter, softened
3 medium eggs, beaten
6.5oz self-raising flour
3.5oz chopped walnuts

For the sauce:
2.5oz butter
2.5fl.oz Guinness
2.5fl.oz double cream
2 tbsp runny honey

Method
  • Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 8in square brownie tin with parchment paper.
  • Put the dates, apricots, Guinness, water, whiskey and bread soda in a saucepan. Place over a gentle heat until the dates soften and break down, stirring occasionally. This should take about 4–5 minutes. Leave to cool.
  • Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs.
  • Fold the flour, walnuts and the cooled date mixture into the egg mix and transfer to the prepared tin. Bake for 35–40 minutes, until firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack. Cut into 9 squares.
  • To make the sauce, place the butter, Guinness, cream and honey in a saucepan and simmer over a low heat until the honey has dissolved and the sauce has thickened. Serve warm drizzled over the slices.

http://www.irishcentral.com/culture...tion-with-Irish-Chef-Catherine-Fulvio---.html

I have always wanted to make sticky toffee pudding. It is not something that is really made over here, but I love toffee so I think I would love it! I have seen a few recipes for it, but this looks like a good one! Thanks for sharing, of course I have no clue where to get that type of sugar.

I have always wanted to make sticky toffee pudding. It is not something that is really made over here, but I love toffee so I think I would love it! I have seen a few recipes for it, but this looks like a good one! Thanks for sharing, of course I have no clue where to get that type of sugar.
Demerara sugar, known as "raw sugar" in the US.

Wow this looks fantastic. I'm going to have to try it. I'm sure my husband will love it since it has Guiness in the sauce.

Having met the King of sticky toffee pudding Francis coulson at his hotel sharrow bay ,it's one dish I stick to the basics,and have never changed the recipee

Oh goodness, I haven't had sticky toffee pudding since my last trip to Scotland. You are making me miss my second home. I will definitely try this recipe. Thank you for posting.

Back
Top Bottom