Strangest pizza combinations?

queenbellevue

Veteran
Local time
2:22 AM
I love pizza, and my sister, who's currently studying in the States, said that the pizzas in Vietnam would be considered "gourmet" lol. Anyway, the strangest pizza topping I've ever had (from a pizzahut, mind you) is tempura shrimp. It was kind of hard to eat to be honest, due to the difference in texture between the crust, mozzarella and crispy tempura.

What are some of the weirdest pizzas you've ever eaten?

My wife and I had one at the weekend that we thought would be quite interesting, but which turned out leaving us a bit queasy and not wanting to repeat the experience: it was a half-and-half (two different toppings on each side) - one side was spicy pork (but soooo spicy it was uncomfortable to eat), and the other was nachos, jalapenos and peppers, along with a sharp, sour, and painfully strong spicy sauce.

We were both hungry, having had a very busy day with little opportunity to eat - so we were really looking forward to the "fun" new pizza. We won't be buying that one again!!! :sick:

A few decades ago my late brother and I went to Pizza Hut after a cinema night out.
We ordered a 15" seafood pizza to share.

When the pizza arrived it had a topping of tomato sauce, cheese, anchovies, more anchovies, extra anchovies, and an additional covering of anchovies. I think we also had the extra anchovies we originally asked for added on top of all that....

It was a little hard to eat and after a minor complaint to the manager we had free drinks to help wash it all down.

My dear late godmother had an eclectic cooking style, and her sardine pizza took a bit of getting used to, although it was ok really.

I have more than I could possibly ever mention. I have found it interesting what people perceive as 'strange' & why they would assume other people think it's strange. Really depends on where you are from. :devil:

Have you tried laing pizza? It is a combination of regular pizza ingredients but with a different main ingredient. Laing is used as the main ingredient for these one. Laing is a well loved native dish in the Philippines made from gabi/taro leaves simmered in coconut milk.

Have you tried laing pizza? It is a combination of regular pizza ingredients but with a different main ingredient. Laing is used as the main ingredient for these one. Laing is a well loved native dish in the Philippines made from gabi/taro leaves simmered in coconut milk.

I have not tried that. Sounds really interesting. Is it like a *typical* pizza or more of a flat bread type thing?

My sons had a pizza the other night with jalapeños ,nachos,tomato salsa ,cheese and finished with advocado

Most things go well on a pizza but the strangest thing I ever saw was one topped with an egg! It had been broken over the top of the uncooked pizza, just before it went into the oven. I really didn't fancy trying that at all!

Most things go well on a pizza but the strangest thing I ever saw was one topped with an egg! It had been broken over the top of the uncooked pizza, just before it went into the oven. I really didn't fancy trying that at all!

Pizza fiorentina - a classic!

Oddest pizza I've seen is one with kebab meat on it, in France of all places.

I love the ones with eggs on them, they are great! Fiorentina, Spinach, egg, black olives and when I could have dairy, mozzarella and Gran Moravia.

I don't really think I have come across any really strange combinations tbh.

A few decades ago my late brother and I went to Pizza Hut after a cinema night out.
We ordered a 15" seafood pizza to share.

When the pizza arrived it had a topping of tomato sauce, cheese, anchovies, more anchovies, extra anchovies, and an additional covering of anchovies. I think we also had the extra anchovies we originally asked for added on top of all that....

It was a little hard to eat and after a minor complaint to the manager we had free drinks to help wash it all down.

Urgghhh ... my teeth are zinging at the thought of all that salt!! :sick: :laugh:

I'd need plenty of juice to wash it down too ... :drink:

Back
Top Bottom