Recipe Strawberry Mango Smoothie

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
12:27 PM
This is yet another rather simplistic thing I like to make that tastes really good. It doesn't involve sugar or banana but still manages to be very sweet and tangy.

You'll need the following:
a blender
3-6 strawberries
3-5 strips of peeled mango (this should be about half of half of a mango.)
1-2 tablespoons Nesquick mix or Hershey mix (the powder kind used for making chocolate milk.)
1/2 cup orange juice

Instructions:
Put all of the ingredients in the blender and give it a few shakes first to stir things around. Then only blend it for about 15 or more seconds; just long enough for the fruit bits to be finally sliced and diced and no longer see-able.

Optional:
After putting your smoothie in a cup, place it in the freezer for 2-3 minutes to chill it.

Oh wow, sounds delicious. Thank you for the share, I will definitely give this a try!
I might have to substitute the Nesquick mix with something a bit more friendlier for me as I am lactose intolerant.

we often do smoothies similar to that but omit the nesquick,with a glass of this you are half way to your 5 a day recommendation,and add soft bananas its another way to use them up

I think this smoothie will be added to my list, I do like to add bananas to my smoothie and yogurt to make the smoothie a little thicker.

Yum! I love fruit smoothies! I like to make a big one in the morning and drink it while I go about my routine. I use frozen bananas so I don't need ice, which waters it down. I'll skip the Nesquick, though. Adding stuff like that kind of defeats the purpose for me.

Back
Top Bottom