Recipe Sugar-Free Coconut Key Lime Pie

martinoaro

Local time
11:59 AM
Website
www.allrecipesonline.com
Some may recall me relating for several days I was planning on making my key lime pie. I finally got around to it 😁
Living in Florida, key lime pie is our state treat. Especially as you travel to the Florida keys it’s even more prevalent and so many restaurants here all claim to have the best so it’s all up to personal faves.
Wanted to share our recipe as it’s a sugar free version for those either on a Keto diet, diabetic or just trying to cut sugar and has a hint of coconut flavor in the crust and as the condensed milk, as an alternative to regular condensed milk which is loaded with sugar. Plus the addition of the cream cheese provides for the good fat on Keto and makes it extra creamy! You’d never know it was sugar-free!
Hope you all enjoy!
P.S. Working on editing the video as well but it’s not ready yet to be posted here. Will be on IG later.

Coconut Key Lime Pie

1 cup Almond Flour
1 cup Coconut Flour
4 tbsp Butter, melted
1 tbsp Sugar Substitute (like Swerve or Splenda)

8oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Coconut Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Key Lime Juice
1 cup Heavy Cream

Sugar-free Whipped Cream
Slivered Almonds

Instructions:
Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour and sweetener.
Melt butter and add to flour mixture. Stir until well combined and mixture is a wet sandy like consistency.
Add to a cake plate and using a measuring cup or your hands, press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides.
Refrigerate for 30minutes.

In a stand mixer with a beater attachment or with a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
Add condensed milk and lime juice and mix until combined.
Scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula and add heavy cream.
Beat on high for approximately 60 seconds until mixture is combined. You may want to scrape down the sides of the bowl again half way through.
Pour mixture into cooled cake plate and return o refrigerator overnight to completely set.

Garnish top of pie with sugar free whipped cream and slivered almonds or as an alternative you can also use unsweetened coconut flakes.
Slice and enjoy chilled!

IMG_6903.jpeg IMG_6904.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom