Summer Salads

I often make salads in the summer,
  • rice salad with a basic vinegarette dressing is a very nice one, whole grain rice of your choice, a little finely chopped onion, any raw veg you want really, sultana or raisins (optional but great addition) served on a bed of baby leaves, ideally grown in your garden/window herbs and or rocket work really well here, server with a side portion of more vinegarette dressing for those wanting more.
  • pasta salad, as above but switch the rice for pasta, works well with the dressing for potato salad below.
  • potato salad, chopped waxy potatoes, finely chopped chives, mixed chopped nuts, green pepper chopped, cucumber chopped if you like, red seedless grapes halved, made with a yoghurt and sour cream dressing (dairy free works very well with cashew nuts pureed and lemon juice) again served on a bed of baby leaves, great to include some red leaves with this one.
These 3 are quick and easy and endlessly variable. No quantities, just mix and match to whatever you have in the house really!

I often make salads in the summer,
  • potato salad, chopped waxy potatoes, finely chopped chives, mixed chopped nuts, green pepper chopped, cucumber chopped if you like, red seedless grapes halved, made with a yoghurt and sour cream dressing (dairy free works very well with cashew nuts pureed and lemon juice) again served on a bed of baby leaves, great to include some red leaves with this one.
These 3 are quick and easy and endlessly variable. No quantities, just mix and match to whatever you have in the house really!
I often add seedless grapes to a salad - red, green or black depending on the colours of the other ingredients - and nuts (usually pecans or walnuts)

Back
Top Bottom