Superfoods

garlichead

Über Member
Local time
3:56 PM
A very lucrative marketing strategy that has increased sales of those products. A "balanced" diet where a wide variety of minimally processed foods, which very few by the way can come to agreement with, is what is healthy and not an individual food product. Opinions anyone?

Yeah, the term "Superfoods" is another trend that people will joke about later. It is too hyperbolic for me.

I learned a lot about quinoa in the quinoa recipe challenge. It is part of my diet now, because I found ways to use it that taste good. But, I don't eat it every day, because it is a "superfood."

CD

I have a feeling there was a topic about this a while ago. My personal understanding is that "superfoods" is a marketing term, used to advertise food products that may have interesting nutritional properties but that are often expensive and seldom easily available locally.

I remember reading a nutritionist's opinion on this, he wrote real superfoods are mundane things like kale, potatoes, fish or oranges.

A very lucrative marketing strategy that has increased sales of those products. A "balanced" diet where a wide variety of minimally processed foods, which very few by the way can come to agreement with, is what is healthy and not an individual food product. Opinions anyone?

This rings a bell...

Ditto for the so-called Kamut. Kamut wheat, from which products such as pasta or bread take their name, does not exist. What does exist is Khorasan wheat, while Kamut, I quote:
'The name kamut comes from the registered trademark of an American company that used this term to refer to it (it has now become commonly used).'

I myself considered Kamut to be the wheat itself, and was blatantly wrong.
And was the person who articulated this 'misunderstanding' a marketing genius or a manipulator? And however, what is the difference?

Back
Top Bottom