Survey for bachelors thesis

Sandra34

Local time
10:09 PM
Dear forum visitors,

I am here again to ask for your agreement on a survey after getting an initial agreement from the owner of the thread. I am writing my bachelor’s thesis for this term in English 3 in Linköping university in Sweden in order to be able to follow the teacher program after it; I have a plan to work as an English teacher. To pass the exam, we as students must be bale to conduct a kind of study. For this, I personally have chosen to write about how coherence could be achieved in a forum and pick up this forum as a source for my data. Since the thread should be long enough in order to be able to come up with sufficient results, I chose Lifestyle Changes thread. The study will investigate and analyze how coherence is achieved in chat language, that is, how the comments are relating to each other like for example when asking questions, seeking information, agreeing or disagreeing and so forth. Thus, the study has just linguistic aims to be achieved. Part of this study involves copying forum posts, all of which will be edited to ensure full confidentiality should anything reveal your true identity. On top of that your username will also be changed, the posts will have numbers like post 1, 2, 3 etc. It is worth mentioning also that the gathered data will be used for research purposes only and will be destroyed after the research is finished and a grade is received. One of the thesis rules also gives anyone who does not wish to participate in the study the right to withdraw, so just tell me please if you do not wish to participate and your posts will not be included. Another thing is that any comment that would include any details which might reveal information of the identity of anyone would be immediately deleted. Complete secrecy is a rule that must be followed while collecting such kind of data. Please let me know If I have missed any information or if you need more details about any hting in the study. However, I hope this will not prevent me from continuing as a member for getting and sharing information, advices and recipes.

Thank you all in advance.

A subject of interest to me. Here are a couple of links which you might find of some use. The latter has an extensive list of references. Whilst there is quite a lot written on the subject, to my knowledge there is nothing very recent. This may simply be due to the decline in the popularity of 'the on-line forum' and the rise in communication via facebook, instagram, whatsapp etc.

(PDF) Encouraging and maintaining engagement in online communities: The importance of translation and coherence

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.91.3155&rep=rep1&type=pdf

A subject of interest to me. Here are a couple of links which you might find of some use. The latter has an extensive list of references. Whilst there is quite a lot written on the subject, to my knowledge there is nothing very recent. This may simply be due to the decline in the popularity of 'the on-line forum' and the rise in communication via facebook, instagram, whatsapp etc.

(PDF) Encouraging and maintaining engagement in online communities: The importance of translation and coherence

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.91.3155&rep=rep1&type=pdf
Thanks a lot for the links you have already attached, They are so helpful. I was searching for similar studies that have been done in the same field since I must relate my results to other's. Besides, I can have an idea about the form that such a study could take.

Back
Top Bottom