Sustainability sub-forum

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
5:44 AM
I may have mentioned this before, but might it be worth having section on here devoted to information on sustainability and food provenance?

I may have mentioned this before, but might it be worth having section on here devoted to information on sustainability and food provenance?

Not long ago we reduced and rationalised the sub forums (sections) as there were so many, so there is a reluctance to add to them. Plus, members repeatedly put things in the wrong sections anyway! My only thought would be to extend the title of 'Healthier eating' to include 'sustainability' - or alternatively modify the title of The Veg Plot, Growing to Canning and Preserving to include it. I'll see what @SatNavSaysStraightOn thinks. I've posted in the moderators' forum.

Last edited:
Not long ago we reduced and rationalised the sub forums (sections) as there were so many, so there is a reluctance to add to them. Plus, members repeatedly put things in the wrong sections anyway! My only thought would be to extend the title of 'Healthier eating' to include 'sustainability' - or alternatively modify the title of The Veg Plot, Growing to Canning and Preserving to include it. I'll see what @SatNavSaysStraightOn thinks. I've posted in the moderators' forum.
I'm reluctant to create a sub forum solely for it because it should be part and parcel of everyone's lives. And even taking the real world into account, rather than how I would like it to be, a sub forum solely for sustainability would have very few threads. With that in mind, I see no reason as to why it can not become a part of the entire site, so that 'local food' or 'locally grown food' for each of the forum food divisions would simply be found within each division. My thoughts being along the lines of if you want to discuss sustainability of the fishing industry then, such as this thread, it would be under the fish and seafood forum, for cows' milk it would be under the eggs, cheese and dairy forum and so on.
The other alternative would to be to include it into 'food in the news' forum which is another very quiet area of the site. After all, it should be in the news all the time. It is the only way of making everyone more aware of it.

But if people would prefer a dedicated area of the site, I'm happy to rename a forum area to include it. Anyone can reply and make suggestions there.

Similarly if you think any of the other forms could be better named, please feel free to make suggestions and discuss it. I would like the site to reflect what members want and use rather than what I have ' made up ' as I've gone along these last 5 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom