This Sweet, Spicy, and Crispy Korean Tofu delivers an amazing flavor and a wonderful texture. It is quick and easy to make – a perfect side dish or a simple meal when served over rice. Hope you will enjoy
- 400 g Firm or Extra Firm Tofu, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Light Syrup
- 2 tbsp Gochujang
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Use a Kitchen Towel to press and dry the Tofu. Cut the Tofu in small pieces. Put them on a Kitchen Towel to get rid of extra liquid.
- In a small bowl, add the Cornstarch. Coat the Tofu one piece at a time. Shake off extra starch. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the Vegetable Oil, on medium-high heat. Add in the Tofu pieces one at a time making sure to keep them separated so that they don’t stick together. Fry the Tofu for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden brown. Drain and remove.
- Do a Second Fry of the Tofu for another 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In another frying pan, add in 1 tsp Vegetable Oil, Ketchup, Light Syrup, and Gochujang, on medium-high heat. Stir well until the sauce starts to boil.
- Add in the fried Tofu. Coat well with the sauce. The sauce will thicken up and get sticky.
- Garnish with chopped Green Onions and Sesame Seeds. Ready to serve!
Get the printable recipe here: Sweet, Spicy, and Crispy Korean Tofu - COOK COOK GO