Tablet in the kitchen?

I use my iPad in the kitchen all the time. In fact, we bought an under-cabinet mount for it so that it could be in an accessible place but yet far enough away from any heat/water that might be splashing around. The mount wasn't expensive at all, less than $50. We also have a Zagg screen protector on the iPad, so keeping it clean is a piece of cake. I have all my recipes stored on the ipad, plus I can pull ones from the Internet too. It's so much nicer than having paper everywhere.

Have a I phone or iPad with me In the kitchen at all times,recipe or food advice it's a great source of in formation

Oh man, I get super paranoid that I'll get hot oil onto my devices or something when I bring them into the kitchen. I usually try to memorize the recipes and then go from memory. There also isn't really great wifi reception in my kitchen, so having a tablet to browse recipes on wouldn't be much help to me anyway

Have I done it? Yes, but I kind of feel ashamed about it. I'm not sure why. I understand things change with time. Perhaps it's the ease of access to information I used to have to look up or recipes I had to find in a box. It was a process I kind of miss.

I have used it a couple of times but find I'd rather print off the recipe and just follow it off a paper. I also like that method better because a few times I did follow a recipe off my iPad, then never saved the page so "lost" the recipe, and it turned out well so I would have wanted to keep it!

It's a good idea and most people are already using that as a reference while cooking in their kitchen. For me I still rely on my cooking notes that I had modified from the old recipes of my grandmother and mother. But I do had a laptop in my kitchen in one corner safe and far away from the stove. I am using this if I am searching new recipes for comparison while I am waiting for my cooking. With the help of advanced technologies everything now is possible in getting many recipes for all kind of dishes.

I often have my tablet in the kitchen with me when I am cooking. There are just so many wonderful recipes online and there is nothing that you can't find. There are a lot of great cooking sites where you can find almost anything to suit your taste and needs. The ones that I like I just bookmark them and use them at a later date. The tablet is small and convenient and takes up little room in your cooking area so it works out beautifully. I would be lost without my tablet. I do use cookbooks every now and then but I mostly use my tablet.

I put my iPad on the microwave when I cook to refer to online recipes. For those of you who are worried about damaging your screens, damp or floury fingers won't hurt and it can be cleaned off easily. The oil produced by your fingertips is harder to clean off than ingredients like flour, sugar and water. Technologies like laptops, smartphones and tablets are making it much easier to find recipes; instead of paging through five cookbooks to find one, they can be easily searched for online.

Gulp! I rarely use paper or tablet in the kitchen. I sort of 'busk it' usually! But that's after lots of recipe reading and comparing on-line and in books (including my own recipe book). The only time I'll follow a recipe to the letter is if its for a specific cake or souffle - oh, and chocolate fondant.

I was just looking at the new Ikea catalogue last night, and saw a tablet stand I want. I am always looking things up while I'm cooking, and it was difficult on the iPod Touch, but now I have a small tablet, and will definitely be using it in the kitchen. I've seen more expensive ones elsewhere, but I really like the look, size, and price of the one from Ikea, so hopefully will be able to get it soon. Here's a link, in case anyone's interested: https://www.google.com/search?q=ike...ceX_ivDPM:&usg=__ra40FWFpjORW6r9nUmwC9G6eGv4=

Attachments

• tablet stand ikea rimforsa.JPG
    tablet stand ikea rimforsa.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 205
Back
Top Bottom