Tableware/cutlery

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
3:23 PM
For a long time now, I have been using this really cheap black handled tableware. Being single and on my own, I typically use just a spoon, but sometime a fork for salads and such. I rarely use a knife, except as a sweep or pusher to get things onto a spoon or fork.

full.jpg

I kinda hate the black handles because they catch food that sticks at the top of the handle and is hard to clean. I don't care that the set only contains teaspoons, small forks and knives.

I recently upgraded my tableware to this checkered frost handled set which is more inclusive of tablespoon, teaspoon, dinner fork, dessert fork and knives.

full.jpg

The new set is nice, because it will be much easier to clean too.

I added 'cutlery' to the thread title because that is what we call it in the UK. I think 'flatwear' is generally the term used in the US? 'Tableware', I believe, includes any dish, glass or cutlery

I've had the same main set for donkey's years. Its simple all in one stainless steel. I think it is Viner's. I do have various other bits and pieces (some retro stuff - I've some with different coloured handles which are fun) for use in food photography. Also a couple of pieces of gold with white handles (which look better in photos than in real life!).

Here are some of the coloured handled

And here are the gold coloured:

And this is the everyday stainless steel:

It's nice to hear that you have some of your 'cutlery' for photography props. That's part of the reason that I upgraded my silverware. In the USA, cutlery would refer to knives, specifically, - ie. things you cut with.

Tableware, silverware and flatware are applicable terms to the spoons, forks and knives. Plates I suppose, might be included in the term tableware. My bad. The thread is about silverware, in particular.

Here's some new tableware that I just received today, - Japanese wooden tableware.

full.jpg

I also have flatware in a pouch, to take with me when I eat out. Just in case the flatware in a restaurant is not clean. Hah!! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom