Talking tofu

I like both but the tofu especially. And some restaurants on the seafood and sub with green onion :headshake::mad:
Huh, I don't think I've ever had Miso Soup with seafood, but loads of Green Onion. I keep a packet or two of the instant stuff in my pantry.

I love tofu noe that I live in Australia. Back in the UK 7 years ago, there was only 1 brand of tofu we liked and only if it was cooked and in something. Things have changed there now so i can't really comment on the UK versions. But here in Australia even the day we stepped off the plane, the tofu tasted different and we're happy to eat it cold and uncooked, straight from the packet. I guess it is processed differently. There are several salts that can be used to coagulate the soy protein as well as different washing techniques and I guess they vary.

To me, those who say it doesn't look very good, or taste of anything, well minced beef looks awful to me, as does chicken breast it steak, bacon, oysters or polenta to name just a handful. And as mentioned previously by someone else, tofu can taste of whatever you want it to, just like polenta. I also like to make Burmese tofu, which is made with chickpea flour. Again just like polenta, you can season it, flavour it whilst you make it, adding flavour and colour. I've also made my own tofu and it tastes completely different to the shop bought stuff. Much nicer. I never used to understand people who made "cream of" by puree-ing tofu into their dish until I made my own tofu. The moment I made my own, I understood.

I guess it is like having a McDonald's burger, not liking it and declaring you'll never eat another burger because they must all be awful based on one bag example.

I guess it is like having a McDonald's burger, not liking it and declaring you'll never eat another burger because they must all be awful based on one bag example.
I definitely will never eat another McDonald's burger! It's been a really long time (30ish years) and I see no need to revisit that experience.

I definitely will never eat another McDonald's burger! It's been a really long time (30ish years) and I see no need to revisit that experience.
I've not been into one since my sister was born in 1986, other than the one in Prague before the wall came down (in Berlin) and Prague was still in Czechoslovakia... that one served beer.

I've not been into one since my sister was born in 1986, other than the one in Prague before the wall came down (in Berlin) and Prague was still in Czechoslovakia... that one served beer.
They have (had) a fruit and yogurt parfait I liked. Not sure if they still do, that was 10 yeats ago.

I really like tofu, and I don’t understand why it’s so maligned - it’s bland, yes, but it’s so inoffensive and can be cooked and seasoned in so many different ways. It’s the vegan equivalent of boneless skinless chicken breast.

My husband isn’t fond of the texture, but he’ll eat firm tofu cooked so it’s a bit crispy on the outside. One way he really loves it, though, is soft tofu coated in a cornstarch/cornmeal mixture and shallow-fried in a bit of olive oil. He goes nuts for tofu when I prepare it this way.
As someone who likes tofu in most cases, but very much dislikes the dryness of boneless skinless chicken breast - I don't agree with your taste comparison. I consider tofu to be the equivalent of, say, pasta. Just thicker, usually.

I never have or want to try it. My b.i.l
Who spent time in India eats all the time. Hes tied up hare Krishnas here. A weirdo to most people. Doesn't bother me.

Russ

Not stupid. Just a typo. I do it all the time, lol.
Typing that about my b.i.l bought back many memories of him and his skoda car 40 years ago. I'm grinning as I type. Lol.
I prolly towed him home about 30 times when he broke down. He knew I was a car guy. Thank god it died finally.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom