Tasty guacamole

LoveSantaAu

Veteran
Local time
6:07 AM
Website
www.lovesanta.com.au
I regularly make my own guacamole, usually adding yoghurt (for nutritional value and to make it go further!), lemon juice, tabasco sauce and some coriander to the avocado.

The other night, I couldn't find our tabasco sauce so I added some chilli chutney we have in the cupboard. It was delicious - one of the best guacamoles I've ever made! I expect to make it a number of times over the coming months...

I like guacamole too, though not too chunky. I do find it is nutritious as a dip or topping with potato wedges or on a baked potato. I never though of adding greek yoghurt to make it less chunky, so will try that next time. That will make dipping easier.

This guacamole recipes comes from the sisters Janet and Greta Podleski. They are Canadian and have great healthy recipes. They take a new twist of classic recipes and make them healthier.
Here is their guacamole. I've tried it and it's great.
Second Layer: Easy Peasy Guacamole
  • 1 cup frozen green sweet peas, thawed
  • 1 can (4.5 oz/127 mL) diced green chiles
  • 3 large avocados
  • 1½ tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • ⅓ cup minced red onions
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
  • 1½ tsp reduced-sodium taco seasoning
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place peas and green chiles (with their liquid) in the bowl of a mini food processor and puree until completely smooth. Set aside.

Peel and pit avocados and place pieces in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice and garlic. Mash well using a potato masher. Add pureed peas and all remaining guacamole ingredients and mix well. Spread evenly over bean layer. Cover and refrigerate while you make third layer.

This guacamole recipes comes from the sisters Janet and Greta Podleski. They are Canadian and have great healthy recipes. They take a new twist of classic recipes and make them healthier.
Here is their guacamole. I've tried it and it's great.
Second Layer: Easy Peasy Guacamole
  • 1 cup frozen green sweet peas, thawed
  • 1 can (4.5 oz/127 mL) diced green chiles
  • 3 large avocados
  • 1½ tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • ⅓ cup minced red onions
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
  • 1½ tsp reduced-sodium taco seasoning
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place peas and green chiles (with their liquid) in the bowl of a mini food processor and puree until completely smooth. Set aside.

Peel and pit avocados and place pieces in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice and garlic. Mash well using a potato masher. Add pureed peas and all remaining guacamole ingredients and mix well. Spread evenly over bean layer. Cover and refrigerate while you make third layer.
I do a sweet pea guacamole the same as your recipe with out the advocado it's great on toast Grilled with cheese,or mini crostini as a canapé

Back
Top Bottom