Tea & coffee cups & mugs

Morning Glory I have an Etsy shop and tried for quite a while to sell some of them, at least the ones that are worth money, but no bites.

When my parents moved, they had three sets of china, crystal, and silver and stainless. My mom did't want to take any of it, except the silver they got for wedding presents.

We had a hard time giving them away. Seems nobody, at least in the US, wants formal dining wear anymore. Same goes for decorative china and glass.

I didn't think of it then, but I should have offered the silver (plated) tea set to TastyR. Although, he probably has every kind of tea set available, already. :laugh:

CD

Its pretty much the same here unless its very old and rare.
Same thing here. There's a couple brands that are considered high value and are always expensive (like Vista Alegre), everything else, no one wants it.

Same thing here. There's a couple brands that are considered high value and are always expensive (like Vista Alegre), everything else, no one wants it.

My parents had Wedgwood and Royal Doulton china, and two sets of Waterford Crystal. Charity thrift shops didn't even want them.

CD

I have my parents' good china, and yes no one wants any of that.

I keep it because I appreciate the THOUGHT, but I don't appreciate IT.

Nice gold leaf trim, but you can neither microwave it or put it in the dishwasher. If I know of someone who collects this nice rose pattern, I'll give it away, gratis.

We were gifted the same as wedding gifts caseydog and then I also inherited my Great Grandmothers Fostoria American pattern, their most popular one. I've got a boatload of the stuff and to date have only sold on service piece. I had the punchbowl and cups with saucers, but the bowl got broken long ago.

We´ve got (a) my MIL´s dinner service, beautifully edged with silver (b) a complete (Italian) dinner service (12 plates, saucers, tea plates, soup bowls, etc, etc, etc) we were given for our wedding, with blue designs all over; then there´s another fine china service which My wife uses from time to time for dinner parties.
As for glasses, we´ve got wine glasses, for both red and white, champagne glasses, sherry glasses, whisky tumblers, water glasses and an entire service of wine/sherry/scotch/water glasses, in fine crystal, which still have the labels on them from when we were married 41 years ago.
I despair of hoarders, really I do!!

Forgot to share the set of coffee mugs that I always have in use and that is one of my favorites.
1665678327099.png

1665678341344.png

Back
Top Bottom