Tea

English ROSE? Decaffeinated? Blackcurrant? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is tea; the rest is just details.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are PG Tips and Yorkshire tea any good? I've thought of buying some on my trips to London but I'm not sure if they'll be any better than the cheap teas I get in Portuguese supermarkets.

Are PG Tips and Yorkshire tea any good? I've thought of buying some on my trips to London but I'm not sure if they'll be any better than the cheap teas I get in Portuguese supermarkets.

They are really strong teas if brewed correctly - so if you like dark brown malty tea (I'm talking about dark brown when milk is added) then you may like them. I think they would probably be better than the cheap teas in Portugal. I think they are closer to Assam in taste than, say, Darjeeling.

They are really strong teas if brewed correctly - so if you like dark brown malty tea (I'm talking about dark brown when milk is added) then you may like them. I think they would probably be better than the cheap teas in Portugal. I think they are closer to Assam in taste than, say, Darjeeling.
Yes definitely. I know the difference well. My Assam tea is for when I am really groggy and for guests. It's quite strong

That seems like something I would like, sans the milk.

karadekoolaid - I'm with you on this. Its Assam, Yorkshire tea or PG tips here. But it gets worse; did you know that TastyReuben serves tea with cream in it?! :ohmy:
Half-and-half, to be exact. :cool:

Actually, the half-and-half I’m using now is really more in line with regular whole milk, as it’s a mix of (what you’d call) single cream and (😮) skim milk.

There are tea snobs out there who’ll trash PG Tips as a poor excuse for proper tea, based on who owns them (they’re owned by Unilever or BP or or some other non-food conglomerate like that), but it’s fine, and Yorkshire Gold is as well.

Half-and-half, to be exact. :cool:

Actually, the half-and-half I’m using now is really more in line with regular whole milk, as it’s a mix of (what you’d call) single cream and (😮) skim milk.

There are tea snobs out there who’ll trash PG Tips as a poor excuse for proper tea, based on who owns them (they’re owned by Unilever or BP or or some other non-food conglomerate like that), but it’s fine, and Yorkshire Gold is as well.
Yep, I've read some of those harsh comments about PG Tips. It's one of the things that kept me buying it when I was in London. Instead, I bought a bunch of fancy tea from Fortnum's and Twinings and whatnot 😀

Yep, I've read some of those harsh comments about PG Tips. It's one of the things that kept me buying it when I was in London. Instead, I bought a bunch of fancy tea from Fortnum's and Twinings and whatnot 😀
I’d buy all the tea! :laugh:

I´m not a fan of PG tips, I find them a bit harsh. I love builder´s tea (ie. strong enough to stand the spoon in it) so Yorkshire tea is, for me, easily the best in the UK at the moment but about twice the price of others. Twinings, Fortnum & Mason, and Harrods teas are obviously at a different level. We went past Twinings about a month ago:

There´s no tea in Venezuela - their coffee is far superior and that´s what everyone drinks. However, some while ago, I discovered Mamri tea from India. It´s from Assam and is pretty cheap. You can buy it at the online Indian groceries here in the US. I use this company because their spices are cheaper.
Mamri tea I shop Indian

Oh this thread makes me want to up my tea game.:happy:
I have switched to tea mainly. I enjoy a decaff coffee several times a month.
Recently I discovered a Rooibos with vanilla (teabags) from a supermarket. As I love vanilla in any form and shape, this was a pleasure.
Before that and these days I mainly have green tea, just pure (teabags again, as it is mostly at work where I cannot fuss about), sugarless, milkless.
At home I would sometimes have a mint tea in the evening (again teabags).
I do still have some leaf mint green tea, and on the weekends I ritualize it.

But I will probably gift myself the leaf teas from that tiny tea and spice shop...possibly with jasmin, love that one. Over the Xmas break, that will be delightful.

I’m not the only one who buys tea here. MrsT came back from Epcot with these (Twining has a proper tea shop at Epcot):

I count that we now have 20 varieties.

Back
Top Bottom