Team Work

Local time
3:00 PM
How much of a team player are you? I like to think I do reasonably well in this area but like with everything else there is room for improvement. Often you'll see it at work in households, cooking shows and the workplace just to mention a few.

Anyway, as the last Judge of The CookingBites Recipe Challenge I decided to put together a great team to decide on the next ingredient for the Challenge. @morning glory and @classic33 are probably putting their heads together to come up with an ingredient that can get everyone involved in this fun experience.

I am rooting for everyone getting involved and making the "Challenge" even more fun. Are you a great team player? Share your thoughts and it doesn't have to be limited to cooking or the forum.

Last edited:
I think I am a good team player, I always do well in a team at work. I enjoy working in a team and I am happy to listen to other people's ideas. The only place that I am not a team player, is in the kitchen! Don't put me and my husband on the same dish or we will have a fight, although we have improved in this area, as long as he does what I tell him to do :) In the kitchen, it is my way or the high way!

I absolutely support you on this @winterybella! The CookingBites Recipe Challenge is great fun. We try to choose ingredients that at least most of you will be able to obtain. And the amazing thing about this competition is that it doesn't require you to write a recipe (although that is very welcome) or even cook the dish. You can just find something on the internet which you like the look of and cut and paste it. What could be simpler.

One thing that I've found really useful about the competition is that it has made me really concentrate on one ingredient and how, as a cook, I can exploit its potential. Also, some of the contributions have really changed the way I cook.

I have immense fun with my entries and when I am in the judge's chair I try to make any recipe submitted which is unfamiliar to me - sometimes with hilarious results (see Potassium Blast revisited). I can guarantee that you will get feedback from me on anything you submit (don't let that scare you!) :laugh:

Absolutely anyone can enter. It will take you but a few minutes of time to submit a recipe. And who knows, you could be our next winner!

I think I am a good team player, I always do well in a team at work. I enjoy working in a team and I am happy to listen to other people's ideas. The only place that I am not a team player, is in the kitchen! Don't put me and my husband on the same dish or we will have a fight, although we have improved in this area, as long as he does what I tell him to do :) In the kitchen, it is my way or the high way!

This made me smile. I have issues in the kitchen with my husband as well as he thinks I give too much advice and although he learned to cook very late he thinks he's better than me (in his dreams). Anyway @valedvento, I am expecting to see a few recipes from you in the fun competition. I've been watching your threads with interest and I am sure you'll have much to offer there.

Oops! Sorry @valedevento! We seems to have inadvertently chosen an ingredient you dislike for The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: mushrooms!
Oh well, perhaps you might be persuaded to experiment a bit...

Of course @valedevento will participate. It's Team Cookingbites and everyone will come on board!!
263c1faa225f672c1ebc55e13d191cdf.jpg

I think I am a good team player at most things I do. I think that multiple heads are better than one, and we can all benefit when we work together. The only thing I am really not a good team player at is cooking to be honest. I do not like a bunch of people helping me in the kitchen, never have. It is like that is my territory.

I think I am a good team player at most things I do. I think that multiple heads are better than one, and we can all benefit when we work together. The only thing I am really not a good team player at is cooking to be honest. I do not like a bunch of people helping me in the kitchen, never have. It is like that is my territory.
I agree with you on that! I can't bear anyone near me when I'm cooking!

Team work ruled for team CookingBites. The CookingBites Recipe Challenge with mushrooms ends soon and we got more involved. Still time for a few more recipes.
I agree with you on that! I can't bear anyone near me when I'm cooking!
Here's your sister to a large extent. I would be happy if they would clean up and if my son or husband (following instructions) were to join me I would not mind terribly.

Back
Top Bottom