Telemarketers!

My brother got a telemarker call earlier today .They were trying to sell him hearing aids. Said that he's not interested. He ended up hanging up on them because they wouldn't let him go!!
They ARE so annoying & aggravating!! :mad::headshake:

I would have said "I can't hear you," and hung up. Lol. I'm going to use that one.

I get several per day. Don’t answer them and they usually don’t leave a message. Something needs to be done about it if you block the number they just “spool” someone else and use it to get calls out through a number that is usually associated with cell phones. Government won’t do anything to stop it because they want to be able to send you recorded calls at election time.

I would have said "I can't hear you," and hung up. Lol. I'm going to use that one.
One of my daughters was a tv anchor. They did a story and said never use the word yes. They record what you say and will move the word yes to various spots in the recording and then say you agreed to whatever it is they sell. Also if you receive a call and it is your number never answer.

One of my daughters was a tv anchor. They did a story and said never use the word yes. They record what you say and will move the word yes to various spots in the recording and then say you agreed to whatever it is they sell. Also if you receive a call and it is your number never answer.

That is why I never answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. If it is important they can leave a voice mail. Our government wastes too much money on useless crap, as one party is proving right now.

Since one insistent caller used to phone me at 6 a.m. on a Saturday or Sunday. I usually have my phone switched to silent and everything goes to Voicemail or Answerphone except for certain friends' numbers. Genuine callers will leave a message and I ring them back. I did actually have one phone call genuinely from Microsoft but I had been in contact with them earlier and had various ways of identifying that it was them.

I did at one time used to be a telemarketer, but we never phoned private numbers, only businesses, and they were not scam calls.

Buckytom
I laughed until I was in tears. G heard me from the other room. He had the same reaction when he read your post.
I rarely answer the phone - both cell and home - unless I recognize the number. Every now and then I will play games with them by putting on a very heavy Cajun accent and ramble on and on about nothing - similar to what your wife does. That always cheers me up. We have finally convinced my Mother to quit answering the phone if she does not know the number. She is 88 and worries that it may be important. She has finally accepted that any legitimate caller will leave a message/voice mail.
For the longest time George would answer the phone every time it rang. An unanswered call made him crazy. He has finally backed off.
Last week he was without his cell for 36 hours. He used the house phone and my cell to make a number of important calls so I have been answering unknown numbers. This morning the house phone showed a call from Lafayette General Hospital. George had a procedure done a couple of weeks ago so I answered. It was a recording selling insurance press * if you are not interested. 20 minutes later a call came in from another number so I answered (G is still getting return calls) same recording. Pressed * again. 30 minutes later another number the same message. I told G that I was not going to answer any more number that I did not know.
I thought I was going to have to give him anti anxiety meds while he was without his phone. Serious withdrawal.
e-Mails can be just as annoying. I NEVER click on a link even if it appears to be from someone I know or from the bank or credit card company. I call to verify the link.
Recently I am getting calls on my land line that appear to be coming from that line. I do not answer. What is with that?

Back
Top Bottom