I don’t know…I’ve never eaten a bee!Doesn't that stuff make all the food taste of bees?
I've never noticed it before, so I don't do anything. Our chopping board its usually lucky to see a dishcloth with water. Usually is just a dry towel to brush crumbs off but ours is nowhere near as worn as yours which could be your issue.For those who regularly use wooden boards - how do you deal with the inevitable (for me, anyway) residual onion and garlic odors getting into the board?
No matter how quickly or thoroughly I wash them, no matter how oiled/waxed they are, eventually, I’ll get a little whiff of the sharpness of those when I’m using it, or even worse, a taste of it after cutting an apple up, something like that.
I’ve gone the route of letting it sit for a while with lemon juice on it, I’ve also deodorized it with baking soda, but I’m curious what others are doing.
I think there's a wider consideration as well, and it's this pathological, often hysterical fear of "germs" and "bacteria". Germs and bacteria are omnipresent: they're part of our everyday lives and they are everywhere and anywhere. Human mouths contain around 20 billion bacteria. Our immune system builds to protect us against germs and bacteria.the "theory" that wood 'sucks' moisture/bacteria in -
and the absence of moisture, causes bacteria to dry out and die . . .
. . . .is a recent and historical "proven" thing.
there are non-believers.
I guess that's country dependant.The latest hysteria of having cooks wearing masks and using surgical gloves is, to be honest, absurd. It also makes it more difficult to avoid food with slivers of latex in it.