Thai red curry paste

The one I want to make is a Thai jungle curry.

I made one last year.

It was OK. The dish originated in the North West I understand.

Can we ask her for the recipe?

She doesn't have a recipe as such. Just throws chopped lemon grass, chopped galangal, lots of chillis, chopped garlic, chopped shallots, coriander root, white pepper, fish sauce, a touch of sugar and some lime juice into a pok-pok and then beats it to death.

She doesn't have a recipe as such. Just throws chopped lemon grass, chopped galangal, lots of chillis, chopped garlic, chopped shallots, coriander root, white pepper, fish sauce, a touch of sugar and some lime juice into a pok-pok and then beats it to death.

Actually I've found a recipe that she sometimes uses (roughly): Pok-pok or blend together the following ingredients: 2 tsp dried shrimp; 2 tsp vegetable oil; 2 tsp chili powder; 1 tsp shallots, finely chopped; 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped; 1 tsp chopped galangal; 1 tsp tamarind juice; 1 tsp fish sauce; 1 tsp sugar; 1 tsp salt; 1 tsp shrimp paste; white pepper. Add a chopped red chili and mix.

The one I want to make is from one of my Thai books and is green.

That may indicate that the curry has a coconut milk or cream base. I'm not keen on coconut milk.

I used to like Bounty.

Bounty-chocolateBar-coconut[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom