The Best Way To Make A Hearty Chicken Soup?

HappilyHungry

Veteran
Local time
5:24 PM
"Chicken soup is good for the soul", is the central thought that we've all heard echoed throughout the ages.
A good ole dose of chicken soup is one of the most powerful remedies that has been circulated to cure anyone's "bad day", to offset the "droopy feelings" of a slow and uneventful day.
It's soul food, we can't deny that chicken soup makes us feel better, and it's pretty good for us too!

So, whereas I've been able to "try my hand" at making a bowl of chicken soup or two in the past, I'm not quite sure that I've been able to "strike gold" when it comes to "nailing the perfect chicken soup recipe".

Therefore, it's my question for you now: what are the ingredients that make up the best chicken soup recipe?
Is there a special recipe for chicken soup that you'd be willing to share with me?

Please let me know!

chicken soup.jpg

My recipe for a Creamy Chicken Soup.

Chicken Stock after boiling the chicken
Cooked chicken flakes
Chopped Vienna Sausage
Garlic minced
Onion chopped
Fish Sauce to taste
Elbow macaroni pasta
Chopped carrots
Chopped chinese cabbage
White pepper
Milk (Evaporated or Fresh)

Procedure

1. Boil chicken until slight tender. After that keep the chicken stock for the base of the soup. Then flakes the chicken.
2. Saute garlic, onion and chicken flakes and sausages in fish sauce.
3. Then put the chicken stock and boil it.
4. Put the pasta and continue to boil. When the pasta is half cook put already the carrots and cabbage.
5. When nearly cook dash it with white pepper.
6. Lastly put the milk and turn off the fire and then it is ready to be serve.

If I'm in a hurry, I'd just use some instant ingredients like store bought rotisserie chicken, packaged broth, etc. I'd then add some grain type pasta or broken up noodles if it's not available, as well as some vegetables of my choice which is usually carrots, onions, and some green onions for color. I also sometimes put in full cream but often the pasta grains are enough to thicken it just right.

My recipe for a Creamy Chicken Soup.

Chicken Stock after boiling the chicken
Cooked chicken flakes
Chopped Vienna Sausage
Garlic minced
Onion chopped
Fish Sauce to taste
Elbow macaroni pasta
Chopped carrots
Chopped chinese cabbage
White pepper
Milk (Evaporated or Fresh)

Procedure

1. Boil chicken until slight tender. After that keep the chicken stock for the base of the soup. Then flakes the chicken.
2. Saute garlic, onion and chicken flakes and sausages in fish sauce.
3. Then put the chicken stock and boil it.
4. Put the pasta and continue to boil. When the pasta is half cook put already the carrots and cabbage.
5. When nearly cook dash it with white pepper.
6. Lastly put the milk and turn off the fire and then it is ready to be serve.

Wow! Wow! Wow! This recipe sounds absolutely delicious! I can't wait to test it out for myself and to actually taste it.
This recipe for chicken soup sounds not only hearty but mood-stimulating and good for you! I love the touch of macaroni salad that you've added to it. I really do love and enjoy pasta. I think it positively spruces up any dish that one might choose to add it to.
I also love the integration of the Chinese cabbage! I absolutely love cabbage! Not only is it a "healthy green" but it adds a lovely texture and savory flavor to the palate. The inclusion of milk into the entire mix elevates the level of this soup to unbelievable proportions as well! That's probably the central ingredient that contributes to making this particularly chicken soup so rich! The carrots are great (like the cabbage) for health purposes (being a nutritious vegetable), and chicken will always be a "yes" in my book"!
I am just really excited to know that others really share my passion for comfort food, and I fully appreciate your sharing this wonderful recipe with me! I look forward to trying it, and to sharing it with my friends and family. They're gonna love it so much!
Thanks!

If I'm in a hurry, I'd just use some instant ingredients like store bought rotisserie chicken, packaged broth, etc. I'd then add some grain type pasta or broken up noodles if it's not available, as well as some vegetables of my choice which is usually carrots, onions, and some green onions for color. I also sometimes put in full cream but often the pasta grains are enough to thicken it just right.

This is great. This sounds a lot more like what I am used to doing, and it usually produces good and tasty results. My family loves it, but I've just been wanting to "spice up the flavors" that I am able to share with them. I think that the essential ingredient that I had been missing was really the "cream" aspect, as I noted that advice was given earlier for milk to be added, and I now see that you have suggested full cream.
I always wanted a good thickening agent, but used to resort to cornstarch (the "cliche'd" ingredient, I guess), but no real flavor, of course, lol. I'm a true dairy lover, and I can't wait to really incorporate the full cream into this hearty chicken soup. I can just about tell that it's gonna be rich, and that everyone is going to ask me, "What's the difference? There's something different about your soup!" And I am going to smile from ear to ear, with pure satisfaction.
I really appreciate your advice and suggestions, and I am definitely going to apply these steps to a "tee".
Thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom