The best work lunch!

Saranak

Local time
5:43 AM
Hi all,

So you made a really good Ragu yesterday and you have loads left over?
Easy.

1, Small Baguette,
1 Apple corer,
1 long handled spoon,
A handful of Pecorino cheese,

Take the baguette and pop one end out with the apple corer, take the spoon and remove as much of the bread as you can. Heat the left over Ragu and add some of the bread and mix. Add the cheese. Leave to cool. Take a piping back with a large nozzle and fill the bag with the mixture. Pipe and fill the Baguette. Wrap in grease proof paper and heat in the oven. Remove and leave to cool in the fridge overnight. Slice the baguette, and add a little green salad.

Sarana x

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you familiar with "Sunday Gravy"? It is something that Italian-Americans in the NE part of the USA make. It is basically a marinara sauce the cooks most of the day and has meatballs, sausage, braciole and sometimes pork chops and/or pork spare ribs. The meats are served separately and the "gravy" goes on pasta. Pasta in that area is mostly called macaroni.

Ciao Craig,
Sounds very similar to Napulitano Ragu, I see the only difference is the actual Marinara, we serve the Ragu sauce Primo over Pasta then the meat as Secundo. Very similar, indeed the Ragu is only usually served on a Sunday. Wherever we are we take our traditions with us, I serve with Pappardelle. Excuse me for asking I assume that you are Italian? Please forgive me however, I class myself as Napulitano first. It is true that there are Italians everywhere and our culture and food go with us and the world thanks us!! Style, food, and our language, my husband feel in love with me because of the way I speak. I taught him the Napulitano dialect we have been married for forty two years. To my mind Italian food is the best in the world. However I suppose I would say that!

Sarana x

Are you familiar with "Sunday Gravy"? It is something that Italian-Americans in the NE part of the USA make. It is basically a marinara sauce the cooks most of the day and has meatballs, sausage, braciole and sometimes pork chops and/or pork spare ribs. The meats are served separately and the "gravy" goes on pasta. Pasta in that area is mostly called macaroni.
I will give you the recipe for my familes Napulitano Ragu if you would like.

Sarana x

Ciao Craig,
Sounds very similar to Napulitano Ragu, I see the only difference is the actual Marinara, we serve the Ragu sauce Primo over Pasta then the meat as Secundo. Very similar, indeed the Ragu is only usually served on a Sunday. Wherever we are we take our traditions with us, I serve with Pappardelle. Excuse me for asking I assume that you are Italian? Please forgive me however, I class myself as Napulitano first. It is true that there are Italians everywhere and our culture and food go with us and the world thanks us!! Style, food, and our language, my husband feel in love with me because of the way I speak. I taught him the Napulitano dialect we have been married for forty two years. To my mind Italian food is the best in the world. However I suppose I would say that!
Sarana x

I'm of German Heritage on my maternal side. Italian food is a favorite, but Cajun and Mexican (Mayan and Aztec in particular) come very close, along with Cuban food. We are very adventurous eaters.

Post all the recipes you want! :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom