The Cookbook Game #5

I really don't think I'll be able to fit in this game unfortunately, I'm so sorry, I've just been too busy. It's a shame as I have quite a few good books to choose from. At least I've refreshed my memory on what they offer. I will keep my eyes open for the next one 😊
I understand, so sorry, hope you will be able to play in the next one.:)

when's the cut off? I thought you had said 2 weeks from the start date of the 10th? or have I read things incorrectly?
Oops, read that date incorrectly. The original post says the 3rd October (as the posting date according to the site date timestamp). So 14 days from there is the 17th. I can write my recipe up tomorrow. Though sadly it will only be the one this time around. Life hasn't been kind this last week or two and there is much more trouble on the road ahead, plus hubby is away from home so there is only me to cook for.

I do have a recipe or two planned from the next cookbook though.

when's the cut off? I thought you had said 2 weeks from the start date of the 10th? or have I read things incorrectly?
Oops, read that date incorrectly. The original post says the 3rd October (as the posting date according to the site date timestamp). So 14 days from there is the 17th. I can write my recipe up tomorrow. Though sadly it will only be the one this time around. Life hasn't been kind this last week or two and there is much more trouble on the road ahead, plus hubby is away from home so there is only me to cook for.

Deadline is midday Wednesday 16th GMT +1. The OP was posted on the 2nd October. We agreed we'd run the challenge for two weeks from Wednesday to Wednesday.

Last edited:

Date says 2nd - (see above) is the site date timestamp set to Aussie time?

I meant to pick a recipe yesterday before I went to visit a friend recovering from a hip replacement - to hit a grocery on the way home. Well, I did hit one, but I didn't have any specific recipe for this challenge along with me. (I no longer run out for ingredients, living out in the rustic wilderness as I now do.)

I am heading down to Connecticut tomorrow, and I have pinpointed two recipes I could make, given some missing ingredients that won't be hard to obtain. Both are simple enough to make for dinner tomorrow night. (I pass by several grocery stores along the way.)

Cookbook: How to Roast a Lamb, by Michael Psilakis - Greek cooking.

Just went through it and discovered many recipies I am dying to make. But I need to make simple ones (limited time) and ones where the missing ingredients won't be hard to source. I mean, I'm dying to make the fresh anchovy recipe (but no guarantee I'll find those) and the spanakopita (way way too much time!)

Tomorrow night, I plan to cook:

Spinach Rice.​
Lamb Heart with Fennel Salad.​
Both are reasonably simple (especially the rice dish), and I do have a lamb heart in my freezer that I'm taking out to thaw, now. AND I have fennel growing in the garden.

The first recipe will be cut in half, and the second in one quarter (I only have the one heart, the recipe calls for four).

I'll type the recipes up later today so all I have to do is port in photos. Well, after cooking...

Hi, kind of confusing for me also, but US time, Wed. morning is when I will start the new game. Hopefully, starting on a Wed. will give players more time to get their shopping list ready for the weekend, or so I have been told. lol I am so sorry you are having such troubles. I don't know how you can handle the forum and everything else going on in your life. You and MG are two really amazing women. I am so glad to have had this chance to meet you both. You make me proud to be a woman.

PS Guess I should have read all of the posts after yours. lol MG keeps forgetting I know how to handle this game lol

View attachment 33425

Date says 2nd - (see above) is the site date timestamp set to Aussie time?
That's probably it.

, kind of confusing for me also, but US time, Wed. morning is when I will start the new game.
That's why we run things to UK time. GMT/GMT+1. Plus not all of the USA, like Australia, is on the same time zone, so we need an exact time with time zone (in GMT) so its clear. I'm on GMT+10 but with daylight savings. I'm 10hrs ahead of the UK until tbe end if the month when they return to GMT at which point I'm 11 hrs ahead again until March. (If you're confused, so am I. I started the month 9 hrs ahead of the UK).

As you can see, my screenshot shows you staring this game on the 3rd October. I've no idea if it was a Wednesday or Thursday, I've lost track of what today is, so what's happened previously is something I'd have to look up every single time.

It is my fault - in the past I've added the deadline to the top post. I just forgot to do so this time.
Like I have said in the past, no need to do that. The starting time will always be Wed. now. What time? Depends on what time I get up. lol

If someone is late posting their recipe and it is after I start the new game, that is ok.

Like I have said in the past, no need to do that. The starting time will always be Wed. now. What time? Depends on what time I get up. lol

If someone is late posting their recipe and it is after I start the new game, that is ok.

It is what we do with all the timed challenges - it simply clarifies it for anyone new coming to it and saves them having to work out dates. Its not a problem.

Remember, if you are playing this game, you need to have 1. Cookbook Title/authors name, pub. date 2. Recipe title plus recipe (link) 3. Review of recipe, to get credit for completing the game. Game #6 will start tomorrow (Wed. 10/16/19)

SatNav, I am making a copy, it looks and sounds soo good. Thanks so much for playing.

Back
Top Bottom