The Cookery Book Game #9: 'First or Last'

FInally cooked from the most recent cook book in my collection: Milk Street 2017, a gift from a friend.
Chikhirtma, a Georgian chicken soup.
georgian done-.jpg

There are Greek and Asian influences here, due to the location of the country of Georgia.

A big thanks to everyone who joined in with this round. We had 5 members who completed 9 recipes

TastyReuben made a spectacular retro kitsch Gingered Pineapple from Betty Crocker’s cookbook and another retro recipe, Cheese-Stuffed Tortillas from Mary & Vincent Price's Come Into The Kitchen Cook Book.

HairyHeaven made a delightful warm salad squid recipe, Pan fried squid with lemons & pangranetto from Jamie's Italy

SatNavSaysStraightOn made some intriguing soups: Mango Soup and then Chilled Avocado and Coconut Soup from the book Mango Soup by Jenni Malsingh. Next up was an American vegan soup: Creamy Sweetcorn Soup with Roasted Red Peppers from Soup for all Seasons by Nava Atlas. Finally an Indian street food snack Khandvi (Chickpea flour pancake rolls) also from Mango Soup by Jenni Malsingh.

Mountain Cat made Chikhirtma, a beautiful Georgian chicken soup from Milk Street 2017.

And I made a Middle Eastern dish, Roasted Okra with Spiced Tomato from Zaitoun by Yasmin Khan.

Well done everyone! We managed to cross many continents & countries, go back in history and have lots of fun, I hope.

Last edited:
I'd be willing to do this again, another cookbook challenge, perhaps starting when March starts?

We can do - I'm not sure we are getting enough participants. I confess I only enter it to support the forum as I never cook from recipes normally! I guess we will have to see how many members express an interest.

Back
Top Bottom