The CookingBites recipe challenge: garlic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Green garlic and avocado pesto

20240610_182402.jpg

Ok, I do have my next (last?) one worked out - I’d apparently already purchased ingredients for it, because I saw a jar of peppadew peppers in my cupboard, and I thought, “What’d I buy these for?” - then I checked one of the two recipes I was waffling over, saw that it called for those, so that’s what I’m making, most likely on Sunday.

One time I made some garlic and turmeric ice cream. It actually was really good!
At the Gilroy garlic festival they sell garlic ice cream. Never had it but apparently you aren't the only person who likes it. My mother used to say "If it doesn't have garlic, it must be dessert." Apparently she wasn't aware of garlic ice cream. For those interested you can get the Gilroy garlic ice cream recipe here.

Last edited:
😆that is so funny, can one honestly say that?
Yes, to waffle is to go back and forth between choices and to be indecisive. :laugh:

I can’t remember which campaign it was (President Clinton, maybe?) when one of the popular slogans at the time was, “Don’t turn the White House into the Waffle House!” - Waffle House is a popular 24-hour restaurant here that is famous for its waffles, but it was implying that the president at the time was indecisive and/or duplicitous.

At the Gilroy garlic festival they sell garlic ice cream. Never had it but apparently you aren't the only person who likes it. My mother used to say "If it doesn't have garlic, it must be dessert." Apparently she wasn't aware of garlic ice cream. For those interested you can get the Gilroy garlic ice cream recipe here.
I live about an hour from GIlroy and have been going to the festival since I was a kid. It’s a soft serve on small cones and it is surprisingly good. The garlic is there but it’s not overwhelming and it works good with the creaminess of the dairy. Funny enough they never solid it there, samples only. If you’re a garlic lover then that the festival to go to, at least in the U.S.

Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is garlic (in any form) and JAS_OH1 is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe* which uses garlic, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge, and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight (close of day) Friday 21st June, UK time BST (GMT + 1). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* recipes must be posted within the time frame of the challenge but could be recipes you have made in the past, so long as they haven't already been posted on the forum as a recipe thread.
Okay, so I am the one who is going to need the extension. Friday 6/21 is my mother-in-law's calling hours and funeral service, and we are going to have out-of-town family members in until Sunday evening, 6/23, although my husband's cousin from Phoenix might still be here for a few days after that. We also are not sure about the timing of taking care of other details concerning her will, which will need addressing the week after the funeral. If I could please have an extension until 6/29 I would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom