The CookingBites recipe challenge: sweet potatoes or yams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you, Flawed, for the honour and everyone for the nice words. Many, many wonderful entries this month - once again <making waves>. We're currently busy catching signal crayfish (as the catching season started yesterday). I'll try to come up with an intriguing ingredient (which is easily available) shortly.

Just for the record... I'm not going to judge the entries this time as an incumbent deputy of a North Korean boarding school.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you, Flawed, for the honour and everyone for the nice words. Many, many wonderful entries this month - once again <making waves>. We're currently busy catching signal crayfish (as the catching season started yesterday). I'll try to come up with an intriguing ingredient (which is easily available) shortly.

Just for the record... I'm not going to judge the entries this time as the incumbent deputy of a North Korean boarding school.
Congratulations! You were original and creative as always :hug:

Congratulations Hemulen :woot:.

And thank you for your thoughtful judging Flawed and for your kind words about my photographs.

Its over to you Hemulen to choose the next ingredient. As always, try to choose something fairly accessible across our different countries (not always easy). It doesn't matter if you choose something which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. Just post it up in this thread and a moderator will do the rest. Previously chosen ingredients can be found here in alphabetical order and here in date order.

Thank you, MG :).

The next challenge ingredient is HONEY which is easily available, affordable and apt for both sweet and savo(u)ry dishes (like bisquits, cakes, glazes/glazings and marinades, sweet'n'sour dishes, dressings, smoothies etc.). Happy cooking!

Last edited:
Thank you, MG :).

The next challenge ingredient is HONEY which is easily available, affordable and apt for both sweet and savo(u)ry dishes (like bisquits, cakes, glazes/glazings and marinades, sweet'n'sour dishes, dressings, smoothies etc.). Happy cooking!

For anyone who is a vegan who doesn't eat honey (not sure if we have any such members) I am assuming a suitable substitute such as agave syrup will be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom