the crisper dish for microwave that does not exist...

Alessandro

Local time
5:22 PM
Hi there,
I am an italian middle aged fat guy, so food and cooking are a huge part in my life :)
My mother owns a microwave crisper dish, the one in the attached pictures, that works better than any other crisper dish i have found: when you use that dish food doesn't burn, is always crisp and good.
The thing is that she found that dish in an old Whirlpool microwave (she is not certain it was Whirlpool): the dish has never had a not.sticking coat, and looks like it is anodized aluminum with a black plastic bottom. On tha back you can read just the size (29cm or 11 and 3/4 inches). I can't find it anywhere on the planet, and I am wondering why something that works so well doesn't exist anymore. And I can't buy one and cook for myself, and my mother won't let go of her dish 'till she is alive.
Have you ever seen somthing like this?
Thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 10.33.31 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 10.33.31 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 10.33.31.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!
This looks like any other crisp dish I have seen around, with an anti-stick coating. The one I am looking for is not anti-stick, and i think that the quality of tha cooked food depends on that too (and also: a plate you cannot use a knife on is a pain in the...)

I will have to find one of these, since they sound like something that would be useful. An inability to make things anything but soggy in the microwave is why I don't use if very often, so this could change that. Thank you for starting this thread, @Alessandro!

By the look of the back, I would say it was a turntable out of a microwave. I would get in touch with Whirlpool.

Back
Top Bottom