The dough isn't doughy!

sorrowscall

Veteran
Local time
5:53 PM
It's happened before! You're making a cookie dough and it ends up looking like cake mix. The same thing also seems to happen vice versa from time to time. Often times, it's very fixable by adding whichever ingredient you put too little of in. Cooking is a learning experience and the balance of how to make a proper dough seems to be one of the first things a baker should learn. Have any of you ever had this problem when you first started out?

I never had a cookie dough turn out like cake batter, but I have had doughs turn out too thick before. When thus has happened I just add a little more liquid or a little less flour the next time I make the dough. What drives me crazy the most is when pie dough does not turn out nice and flakey.

I did at the very beginning, but I think it was because I couldn't figure out the right amount of liquid or moisture to the dough. If it's not enough or if the dry ingredients are more than I thought I had put in, then I would just adjust accordingly.

When you make a recipe for the first time though I would suggest you follow the recipe exactly. Once you know the ingredients, how long to bake it, etc you can start making your own adjustments and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom