The farming and fishing of salmon

West coast is were all the wild salmon is, and they are much healthier to consume but leaner as well.
All I know is that what I have been buying is vastly superior in taste than any other smoked salmon I have ever had before. I have had Alaskan salmon that was wild caught before and it was good, but I have never had any smoked.

West coast is were all the wild salmon is, and they are much healthier to consume but leaner as well.

Before someone from other continents comment, I'm sure you meant the West Coast in relation to North America.

CD

This excerpt is from Food Safety: Seafood links with traceability and transparency

"The Norwegian seafood industry, many of whose products wind up in US grocery stores, enjoy the support of strong systems that secure tight control quality and safety, Øen said. The Norwegian system for catch information, the internal control systems and HACCP plans for the various production plants all provide details on the fish, its journey and the sustainability efforts that were in place to raise and catch the fish.

“Together, with the overall food safety system and Norway’s harmonization with the EU through the EEA Agreement, this provides for excellent traceability through the value chain of Norwegian seafood,” Øen said."

In Venezuela, I get Chilean salmon.
While I was in Cinci, we had some wild, Scottish salmon. A million miles better than the Chilean stuff.

In Venezuela, I get Chilean salmon.
While I was in Cinci, we had some wild, Scottish salmon. A million miles better than the Chilean stuff.
Apparently in Norway, Scotland, and a few other places they catch it from the rivers, not the oceans.

These diners prefer Alaskan Salmon. :laugh:

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 1.50.51 PM.jpg

CD

Yes, the same is true in Alaska. (See post above).
I have had Copper River salmon and other wild Alaskan salmon fresh. I have never seen it in the stores smoked, however. I do not have a smoker so I can't do that myself or I would.

I have had Copper River salmon and other wild Alaskan salmon fresh. I have never seen it in the stores smoked, however. I do not have a smoker so I can't do that myself or I would.

I have a friend living in Alaska. :wink:

CD

That's nice, I guess you need my address so you can get it from him, smoke it for me, and then FedEx it to me on dry ice?
Why is that funny? I wasn't joking!

Well yeah, I was reaching a stretch on that one, LOL.

Ah, so you have a "lady" friend who live in Alaska? Man but the "fishing" must be really good for her up there!

We were high school classmates. We had a very brief relationship after my divorce. Let's say we are better of as friends -- a long distance apart. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom