The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought for today: Do you folks think I could substitute Cauliflower in place of Broccoli in a broccoli & cheddar quiche? The quiche was planned for dinner, but the Mrs. has grown an aversion to broccoli during pregnancy.
Yes you can. I'd probably roast the cauliflower just to give it a little extra something though and to stop it being to watery. Plus I love cauliflower roasted.

Random thought for today: Do you folks think I could substitute Cauliflower in place of Broccoli in a broccoli & cheddar quiche? The quiche was planned for dinner, but the Mrs. has grown an aversion to broccoli during pregnancy.
Pretty much tastes the same to me, similar texture too. Does she like anything else green? Maybe you could add a touch of spinach for color and extra nutrition?

It was sunny and 75F/24C today, with light to moderated South winds. A cold front comes through tomorrow. The high is forecast at 55F/13C around noon, then it falls the rest of the day. On Thursday, the high is forecast at 36F/2C, with a strong North winds making it feel even colder.

More weather whiplash for Texas.

CD
High here today was 20F/-7C.

I first came to this town in 1995 and I've lived here since 1999. In all that time I've never had to pay for parking my car until today. Car park - ฿20.00 (ten bob) for the day. Is this the thin end of the wedge? Will it be parking meters next?
You wanna try Sydney per night? Near Chinatown. Last time about 6 years ago $120 a day

Russ

Pretty much tastes the same to me, similar texture too. Does she like anything else green? Maybe you could add a touch of spinach for color and extra nutrition?
Actially, instead of broccoli or cauliflower, she requested peppers and onions. So I did exactly that. It turned out pretty good too!

Last sleep solely as a British citizen. Tomorrow is our citizenship ceremony and dual nationality from tomorrow pm....

I'm signing off for a day or so. There's a bottle of champagne with our name on it when we get home and I suspect internet and champagne won't mix.

Night

Last sleep solely as a British citizen. Tomorrow is our citizenship ceremony and dual nationality from tomorrow pm....

I'm signing off for a day or so. There's a bottle of champagne with our name on it when we get home and I suspect internet and champagne won't mix.

Night
Congrats to the both of you (again)! Enjoy the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom