The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
California floods, Texas has fires. Texas floods, California has fires.
Texas once went two years without a drop of precipitation. It was bad. Though a couple of missing persons cases from the 1960s were solved when a lake dropped so far down, you could see the cars at the bottom of the lake. We lost at least one lake.

I sometimes think Mother nature is having a bad case of PMT

So here in the UK we have a few days without rain in midsummer [that's mid summer] and it's a natural disaster. Just think how nice it will be in winter when it rains 6 1/2 days out of seven and the water companies can hide the fact that they lose millions of gallons of the stuff through leaking / burst / ancient pipe work.

Supposed to be having a cupboard delivered here to work today, we received the call on Wednesday to confirm, I made it clear our hours today are 8.00-13.00, no doubt they will turn up at 12.55 :rolleyes:

Supposed to be having a cupboard delivered here to work today, we received the call on Wednesday to confirm, I made it clear our hours today are 8.00-13.00, no doubt they will turn up at 12.55 :rolleyes:

I stand corrected, it has just arrived. my boss will be please :happy: She has had to borrow someone else's lockable cupboard for the important stuff.

I ordered a parcel two days ago [that's posted two days ago] - still waiting. Leeds to Durham, a steady two hour drive - couriers aint what they were :(

It was the company's own van and drivers. I called about 11.15 to check their whereabouts and were told they would be with us in about an hour and they were. Excellent service :okay:

Hopefully tomorrow a couple of our guys will remove the old cupboard and fit in the new 1 ready for Monday morning. This pretty much sums up my working day, getting excited over the delivery of a new cupboard :laugh:

I ordered a parcel two days ago [that's posted two days ago] - still waiting. Leeds to Durham, a steady two hour drive - couriers aint what they were :(
Have you noticed that the further the distance, the quicker the parcel arrives? I ordered some aircraft parts once from a company in Ohio. I telephoned the order through at about 2 p.m. UK time; it arrived at 9.30 the next morning.

I am amazed by Amazon Prime. I ordered 3 books for my son's Summer Reading program for school on Wednesday late afternoon, and they arrived this morning. And I don't exactly live in a city.

If one of those Amazon delivery drones shows up, I'm going to grab it and hang on for the ride.
Their delivery service is amazing. I have often ordered stuff in the late evening and it has arrived the next day.

Have you noticed that the further the distance, the quicker the parcel arrives? I ordered some aircraft parts once from a company in Ohio. I telephoned the order through at about 2 p.m. UK time; it arrived at 9.30 the next morning.
That's because Ohioans are efficient. And smart. And cheerful. And pretty. :happy:

Can you tell that I was born in Ohio? :cake: Lived there nearly 50 years - until hubby's job was relocated. Now I'm trying to get back to Ohio before I get shipped back in a box. I wonder if I could go by Amazon Prime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom