The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to have an in home wound care nurse tomorrow. Very nervous. Having problems with my leg - itching, burning, swelling. Shingles? Don't know what's going on. It's exhausting.

I had an itchy condition a few months ago - mine was literally all over. I itched in places you wouldn't think could itch. It nearly drove me mad - it was hives. It disappeared after about 10 days. I also had a different type of itching accompanied by excruciating burning on my leg in an area surrounding a veinous ulcer. There is a name for it which I can't recall but its where the nerve endings become inflamed and over sensitised. The only slight relief I found was to apply paper kitchen towel soaked in cold water to the affected area. You have my sympathy.

very hot.jpg

I had an itchy condition a few months ago - mine was literally all over. I itched in places you wouldn't think could itch. It nearly drove me mad - it was hives. It disappeared after about 10 days. I also had a different type of itching accompanied by excruciating burning on my leg in an area surrounding a veinous ulcer. There is a name for it which I can't recall but its where the nerve endings become inflamed and over sensitised. The only slight relief I found was to apply paper kitchen towel soaked in cold water to the affected area. You have my sympathy.
OMG. Me too. I've been applying a cool wet washcloth to my ankle. One doc says Venus insufficiency. (Sp?) The vascular guy says no blockage. I want to scratch & scream. Looks like red dots, like something bit me. What the heck is this! Now I need wound care. Horrible pain for too long. Ugh. Thank you.

One doc says Venus insufficiency. (Sp?) The vascular guy says no blockage. I want to scratch & scream.

I know - it was the searing burning that drove me mad (to screaming point) - my ulcer was caused by veinous insufficiency. Still not healed after 8 months. Its only since I've forced myself to walk, walk, walk that it has improved and is now shrinking in size. Luckily I have a long open plan ground floor so I walk up and down as fast as I can from one end to the other for an hour at a time. I also walk outside when I can. I'm walking maybe 4 or 5 hours a day and cooking in between. Its amazing how it has worked.

We are in Lulworth Dorset, a lovely b&b, a very delightful area.
The tank museum (not far up the road) is great assuming it's still open (no reason as to why it wouldn't be). Hubby used to work on the base quite a lot in the early days of our marriage.

The tank museum (not far up the road) is great assuming it's still open (no reason as to why it wouldn't be). Hubby used to work on the base quite a lot in the early days of our marriage.

I went to,a tank museum when I was in the uk, boddington? Teddington? A name like that, we were staying in wareham at the time.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom